1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welp Kramer, gotta find another gig

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Probably more videos of people doing it but I watched a dude on yougores melt down an asston of cans into a large block of “clean” aluminum. I think he’s one of those metal stackers because in his “vault” was the usual metals, aluminum kind of had me wondering.
    Pretty cool watching people melt and “clean up” metals.

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

UBC (cans) aluminum is worth ~50% more than just mixed aluminum scrap.

3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Our town charges like 3 bucks a month for recycling pick up - watched it go in the same truck as our trash for a few months and canceled. They were like "just keep the can" so it still goes out. Who woulda guessed the refuse business was scamy?

4. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

Just because recyclables get dumped in the same truck as trash, doesn't mean recyclables aren't sorted out at the MRF.

5. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

True, but I'm not going to pay 3 bucks a month to sort it at home just to have them mix it in the truck and sort it again. I don't need to pay extra just to virtue signal to the neighbors that I'm a good dude.

Boman Forklift and Badger911GT3 like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, I used to recycle bottles, cans and whatever not because I was saving the world for the yet unborn children, willie Nelson and Keith Richards or any of that nicey nice tree hugging shit. Nope, because it made economic sense to me. Not chucking bottles in the normal trash saved space in the trash bags and helped me not use 2 or 3 trash bags a month or so. At a rough cost of roughly $.50 to a Buck a bag times three. . . That’s no whammies, big bucks!

Fuck the planet, I saved $2! :D

7. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Where can you shoplift in California? I don’t want to miss this excellent opportunity. I saw a really nice watch at Bob’s the other day but didn’t have the cash to grab it. If it’s cool, I will run up there today before they close and get the five finger discount. Is there some kind of secret handshake or word to give them to let me just bolt without paying? Do I tell them a bunch of Midwesterners and East Coasters told me it’s cool, they read it on the web?

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Some trucks have 2 compartments, one for trash and one for recycle.

Badger911GT3 likes this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The whole state as long as it's less than $900, just fill a big garbage bag and walk out. No repercussions.

A. Barrister and brex like this.
  10. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Anywhere you want that isn't protected by Smith & Wesson, as long as the total doesn't exceed $900.

You're welcome.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Remember, that’s depreciated value. All the hot merch loses 50% of its value once it goes through the front door.

A. Barrister likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:crackup:

13. Almost spit my coffee out :)