Well, here's what I have to say...

Discussion in 'General' started by joshherrin46, Mar 22, 2011.

1. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Works for me.

If being a fan of AMA Pro Racing means having to deal with soap opera drama on Facebook I'd just as soon opt to ignore all of this BS. So I'm choosing to ignore all this BS and look forward to watching these guys duke it out on the track.

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Josh, it took a lot of guts to post on here. You had to know it was not going to go all that well.

Next part of my post is not in anyway directed at Josh, it is directed to the people who post about age.

One thing I fail to understand about some of the posts here is what does anyones age have to do with anything? Most of, if not all of the young men and women in the AMA ranks have been in the spotlight for many years and have dealt with interviews and such. I know that at I have said many things "in the heat of the moment" in my 35 years that I still regret . But I have also accepted the consequences of what I have said in those times. At 21 I mouthed off to the wrong guy in a bar and got my ass kicked. No one said "wait, he is only a 21 year old kid". Hell, I almost got my ass kicked by a grown man when I was 16 because I told him he was driving like and asshole and ran me into a wall on the track. I am not singling Josh out with this, just saying if you feel old enough to run your mouth, your old enough to deal with what happens after.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  3. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I can't figure out a way to phrase this in such a manner that it doesn't come across as condescending without tone-of-voice, but what makes you think you're qualified to regulate the AMA better than the AMA officials?

As I implied, I really don't mean for that to be a condescending or sarcastic rhetorical question - I'm fairly new to the WERA bbs, and for all I know I could be talking to a former AMA official, or multi-time Expert champion of several classes.

If you disagree with the AMA's decision, then your beef is with them, not the offending rider.

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Don't bother me I'm @ page 2.

5. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

dont think its much more than an inference that he got off easy

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Let me help you out...

Pages 1 threw 6 have a bunch of opinions that don't matter.

Page 7 has a disturbing picture on it. Not sure who was responsible for that.

The rest of the pages have a bunch of opinions that don't matter and one guy who's "How many of you" statement didn't work out well for him.

You are pretty much where you need to be now.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:

8. bigbob65

bigbob65 Professional Novice

Exactly. I beleive he got off easy becouse of daddy, and he is a top racer in the class.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In a class where the racing is that close, getting suspended for one round all but kills one's chances of winning the championship. I wouldn't call that getting off easy.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

+1000. He did not get off easy in anyway. One event is actually 2 races. Assuming Josh won both races next round that is 60 points. Having 0 points for two races is a big deal. Hell last 2 years championship came down to 13 points difference total (5 for 09, 8 for 10). When the championships come down to margins that close just 1 DNF or non-start can kill your season. And don't forget that you have some VERY consistent riders that don't DNF that often. A two race suspension is quite a hard blow.

11. MikeyP

MikeyP Well-Known Member

Riddle me this...
    If incidental contact is common and not against the rules. Why is it such an issue that his elbow hit the brake lever?
    Considering the amount of armor in the elbow of a suit, and the fact that they were drag-racing to the checker...it seems to me that it is pretty easy to be unaware of what he had done.
    It wasn't bike-on-bike contact, and it wasn't intentional.
    I have seen worse in MotoGP go unpunished.
    At what point do you decide to give up if you have the ability to show a wheel to your opponent?
    Am I completely of base on this, because it seems to me that it was a legal move and shit happens sometimes. What exactly should he be apologizing for?

12. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

the 2 guys that slid down the tri oval might disagree...

13. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

To my esteemed colleague Mike's point, where something happens, and how fast you're going when it happens, matters.

Talk to some of the guys who have been in AMA Pro for awhile. They talk about needing to give each other more room on the banking at Daytona. A couple eye-witnesses to this deal told me that they were especially amazed at what they saw.

My biggest racing nightmare for years has been, a group of guys head into the tri-oval, one crashes, three hit him and his bike and a couple of guys die. I always worried that it would happen due to a tire coming apart on a Superbike at 185+ but this deal could have very easily had the same result.

Riders who have been on the tri-oval at Daytona will most likely understand this a lot more than riders who have not.

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

2010 AMA Pro Daytona SportBike Champion Martin Cardenas did not score any points at Daytona in 2010.

2009 AMA Pro Daytona SportBike Champion Danny Eslick did not score any points at Daytona in 2009, and in fact due to various penalties left with -5 points!

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

"can" is not the same as "will."

I don't think it would be a stretch to say that Cardenas and Eslick are exceptions to the generalization.

16. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

True
    He could get into the same game he played with Eslick last year throughout the season and still not win the championship despoite winning Daytoona

17. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

He admitted that he stuck his elbow out deliberately as he turned back into westby... If you watch the video you can see him deliberately stick his elbow out. Not saying he intended to hit his brake lever but he did intend to stick his elbow out at dane.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well Blake, I guess it's a good thing you don't run a racing organization....

Oh I'm sorry, didn't you want to use your real name? How much experience do you have in determining what is dirty racing anyway?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you'd be wrong. Congrats on that.

I do love the dad part tho - exactly what pull does his dad have in racing anyway?

20. Orion727

Orion727 Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree that the pink-fur man's elbow skin is a close match to his nut sack skin. You'd have to ask his daughter for confirmation on the matter though.