Way to go Commiefornia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Oct 8, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's really not worth debating this topic with you since you seem to be pretty much dead set on your viewpoints. And strangely you don't seem to have any voice of support in here that echoes your sentiments....think that mean something?

On the flip side (since again, there's no swaying you on this topic) let's instead look at the benefits of this decision. For big pharma this could be of real benefit. With the responsibility of having to disclose your sickness removed it will potentially result in more people becoming infected with HIV and in order to not die prematurely will need to seek out pharmaceutical intervention from the latest cocktail of wonder drugs. Keep that cash machine turning and money in big pharma's pocket

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I don't think that I have had a combined total of 400 friends in my entire life, but then I'm not really a warm and fuzzy kind of guy.

Banditracer likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I gotta tell you, I would bet everything I have that you couldn't convince 10% of people suffering from diabetes to swap it for HIV, if it were possible.

Your experience with a community ravaged by the disease in the 1980s has educated you far beyond what the rest of us know about it. But I think it has also skewed your appreciation of how it impacts people's lives today because you have known it at its worst. It is not a benign virus (and I know that you did not use that word. But I promise you that some of the things you said sound like it, even if you didn't mean it that way).

auminer likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

BHP41 likes this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

As much as I love animals, this is overstepping.
    And a stupid solution.

6. auminer

IYC disagrees. Proof positive it's a good solution.

7. In Your Corner

They've effectively taken government control of those businesses.
    That's fascism.

8. auminer

No

9. In Your Corner

Yes.
    Under fascism, the government doesn't own business but it controls it.
    That's exactly what they're doing.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Beac, for anyone in the gay community to suggest that their "brethren" has a list of diseases that should be overlooked, with regard to other innocent people's health and well being, is irresponsible at best. It's kind of like saying that just because a gay person's friend has a disease of a sexual nature it's not a big deal if everyone else catches it also and, just because smoking and excessive drinking is not good for one's health, should we casually throw something else on them just because it's not a big deal to those that have had to learn how to deal with it? To me this kind of attitude is disturbing.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Classic definiton... it does kinda fit.

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Fascism or regulations, fine line between the two. Why not just go after the puppy mills with regulations or fascism.

13. In Your Corner

That's the other bad half of this.
    It doesn't address the root problem of cats and dogs and lots of other pets being raised by criminals.
    At the shelter where my sister works the cats and dogs are far outnumbered by things like potbelly pigs, pygmy goats, hedgehogs, exotic roosters, rabbits, rats, etc.
    Go after the producers.

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Said every husband/wife in the80's that died of aids because their SO was banging around in back alleys

Not insinuating that your wife is probably cheating on you.... but shit happens. I wouldn't use the monogamous relationship thing as a way to say u won't get it. It almost sounds as dumb as "only fags and niggers get HIV"

auminer likes this.
  15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Btw... I really don't care how lax the law is on willful transmission. Their lifespan expantancy would cut to zero if someone gave me that shit. I wouldn't even bother reporting them. They'd just disappear.

BUT. Laxing the laws on it I think only encourages people to keep their mouths shut about having it because "how much trouble can I really get in, right? Fuck it"

Sends the wrong message

Fuck. I've really been noticing lately that either A) I'm growing more conservative with age... or B) the left has gone totally simple jack on us

crashman likes this.
  16. auminer

She did go to LA last week on business and Las Vegas this week.

But at 57, I don't think she's workin' the pole anywhere. :D

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Man, try to get that jealousy under control!:D

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

20. In Your Corner