1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: everyones view on the Best Leathers

Discussion in 'Tech' started by airhard, Dec 15, 2006.

1. airhard

airhard Member

I'm getting ready to purchase a new set of leather(own moto gp kangaroo now) and I was wondering what everyone's opinion on who makes the Best protection leathers.....A-stars, Taichi, Kushitani, Dainese, Axo....... give me some feedback please......

2. Dragsterhund

Dragsterhund Active Member

I'm actually looking at getting a MotoGP Roo suit... are you not happy with yours?

3. airhard

airhard Member

moto gp suit

no, I like it, the size that I wear(40 us) fits great in the arms and legs, but the torso is not long enough(constantly giving mye a wedgie) and the 42 was too loose.........

4. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

Certianly look at the Komodo. I just purchased one and so far I am impressed with the quality and fit, but I am a bit bigger than you are (size 46). I have not gotten a chance to test the crashworthiness yet, and hope I don;'t but will feel confident about the suit doing it's job when it does happen.

5. airhard

airhard Member

thanx hammer, I'll check them out

6. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

7. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

i see they have a few different types. which one did you purchase. and what mm of leather?

thanks

8. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

9. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Barnacle Bill, you wont have to worry about fitting between sizes either :up:

10. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

:stupid: If you are spending more than $1000 on a set of off the rack leathers, do your self a favor and have Barnacle Bill make a set for you.

If for no other reason, when you need a repair he was the one that made them.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It depends on what exactly you're looking for in leathers. Lighter weight, crashability, armor, price, graphics, fit, etc.

12. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

I have been very happy with my Alpine Stars I got off e-bay for $220 (hard to come by in a size Euro 64). Great fit for an of-the-shelf suit - crash tested and still going strong. I also have an AGV suit I wear when it is really hot out since it is fully perforated. The AGV does the job, but doesn't move as well as the AStars.

13. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

I got the Komodo Meso (I like the dual front closure which helps getting into and out of). It is not just the quality of the suit but the customer service that is provided by Komodo which makes me so happy with their product!

14. Sebastian

Sebastian Guest

Ditto, I have an AGV. Great suit but hard to move in .

15. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

I am partial to joe rocket

16. piper907

piper907 Well-Known Member

17. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

OVO?

hahhahahahaha had to do it.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Joe Rocket is the supermarket cola of the leathers world. Their marketing is second to none, their leathers are second to . . . well, you get the point.

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Have them customised.. http://www.spyderleatherworks.com/ I had the same issue torso length and I needed more shoulder room

Alexa did a few things to make mine fit me just right and she touched up some crash damage. It was very reasonable too. Like $150 or less I can't really recall as I try not to keep records of track related expenses for my own safety. :D

20. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I tried on two Komodo's and both made me feel like the michelin man and neither were remotely easy to put on and they were VERY snug in the thighs...however, I don't doubt that they had the most protection of any suit I have seen.....btw....these were off the rack suits.

Buy as set of XES they fit like a glove and are the lighted and most breathable suit I have tried on....also the best looking in the paddock IMO. I don't think you can get a better suit for the price.....racer price is around $750 or 800 for an off the rack suit. Plus, Phil provides excellent customer service and customizes any suit to your liking VERY cheap. (fit, patches...etc)

check out www.moto-heaven.com or do a search on here to see some pics.

Sidi's would be my second choice.