1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to start racing, help for a n00b?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by McGixxer, Apr 13, 2011.

1. McGixxer

McGixxer Well-Known Member

Okay, Ive read the WERA rulebook, and theres a LOT of info in there. Id like to do my first race soon, and Im about to get my race licence...

My question is this: With a GSXR1000 that has had engine mods done to it, and me being a new racer, what class would I compete in? Is that "Superbike Novice"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

What kind of mods? Pipe, power commander or equivalent, milled head are Superstock. High compression pistons, race cams and porting are superbike.

You can definitively run superbike, and Formula I also.

3. McGixxer

Pretty much all of that, I bought a Team Vesrah Suzuki retired bike. So I'd be Novice Superbike then?

And BTW, thanks for the reply!!!

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Most of the Vesrah sprint bikes that I've seen racing have been superstock spec (very nice SS) because that's where the money was. Endurance bikes were superbike for sure.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't forget heavyweight solos on Saturdays.

6. McGixxer

Being new to this... I dont know what that is. Is that another class?

7. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes. Heavyweight solos are cash paying races held on Saturday; they're usually about twice the length of Sunday's sprint races. You can race a superbike spec bike in a solo.

For Sunday sprints, you'll want to race in 'A' Superbike and Formula 1, and 'A' Superstock if your bike fits the criteria. Read the rulebook about what's allowed to be done to a superstock-spec bike; if your GSXR fits the criteria, you can race it. If it has parts on it not allowed in superstock (Brembo Master Cylinder, Double Bubble windscreen, slicks, etc) then it's not legal for superstock.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For specifics - call or email Mark at Vesrah, he'll know the bike and know which classes it's good in. I'm betting it's a Superstock bike so A Superstock, A Superbike, and Formula 1 on Sundays then the HW Solo on Saturdays.

9. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

better make sure you're up to par with your physical conditioning, the solo's can be gruesomely tiring.

10. primo

primo Well-Known Member

:stupid:

11. McGixxer

Thanks for all the info guys! Makes it a lot easier to figure out what to do next!

12. primo

primo Well-Known Member

Get a different bike.