1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VP Street Blaze, drain it?

Discussion in 'General' started by bongoray, May 16, 2008.

1. bongoray

bongoray Registered Lunatic

Anyone know if you have to drain this stuff from your tank? I can't get a hold of anyone at VP.

Thanks!

2. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

According to VP you do not have to drain it.

3. VP Street Blaze?

4. bongoray

bongoray Registered Lunatic

Yeah, it's VP Street Blaze 100. It's one of the control fuels you have to run at Loudon. Supposedly it's new. You have a choice between C12, Street Blaze or Pump fuel from a specific gas station near the track.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Oxygenated with ethanol, this CARB-legal fuel is specifically engineered for high-performance street cars including sport compacts, muscle cars, street rods and more. It's environmentally friendly and street legal throughout the U.S. In applications with anything from 4- to 12-cyclinders or engines equipped with a turbocharger, supercharger or nitrous oxide system (NOS), StreetBlaze 100 will generate optimum power and performance. In turbocharged or supercharged applications, it allows an increase in boost without fear of detonation. NOS users can also leverage their higher octane ratings to step up to a more powerful nitrous oxide system. Dyno tests with a turbocharged application proved StreetBlaze100 generates up to 14% more horsepower compared to premium grade 91 octane unleaded gasoline. Designed for use in cast-iron head engines with CRs up to 13:1 and aluminum head engines up to 14:1. Works well on the latest generation of electronically-controlled turbo engines. Contains no metal compounds and won't harm catalytic converters or oxygen sensors.

• Color: Orange
    • Oxygenated: Yes
    • Motor Octane: 96
    • R+M/2: 100
    • Specific Gravity: .746 at 60° F

6. ScottG

ScottG Well-Known Member

what percent of oxygen ? compared to say MR1 or MR9 ?

C12 is not oxygenated correct?

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

It's 'oxygenated' just like pump gas in most states now is, with a bit of ethanol. IE you're not gaining anything by running this unless your motor is built and needs the higher octane to resist pinging.

8. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

I've been using StreetBlaze 93 in my GSXR600 for its oxygen content and because I'm unsure how much compression was added to the motor. Supposedly my bike was tuned for race gas, which I assume to mean an oxygenated fuel like U4.2.

Now I'm starting to realize StreetBlaze might not be any better than pump gas. It's oxygenated with ethanol, same as pump gas. (Here pump gas may contain up to 10% ethanol.) Does anybody know much ethanol SB93 has?

9. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

you shouldnt have to drain it. It is basically high octane pump gas. been around for a while. It was designed for the sport compact guys to be able to run higher boost on the turbos. I think they used to call it Motorsport 100, but changed the name to market it at the sport compact guys.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  10. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

The reason for draining was lead in previous formulas right?

11. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

I just drain any race fuel and put it back in the pretty blue metal can it came out of.... 5 minutes to drain the fuel with a hose.... I even made it easy by taping the hose to a wooden stick so I can get it to the lowest point in the tank.