1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vmd , any body going?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by cyclocrossfool, Jul 12, 2021.

1. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

big al will be there in V3, another friend is going to do lw twins(modern class) and V6lW, V4 and 6HW for me. see ya soon

2. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

If all goes well I'll finally make it down. Waiting for a plan to materialize. Going to be working the Skidmark garage tent if anyone is really bored.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think I'll be there.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I was looking for this thread. Hoping to run V5 if I get my bike together. Hope to find out who may be bringing a roller starter that I might be able to grub a couple of starts from. If it goes the first time you're good, but after that, pushing the bike up and down through the pits is heart attack territory.

6. cyclocrossfool

big al brings his. hes good about letting people get a start.

JBall likes this.
  7. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I'll be there. Please stop in and say hello, I like putting faces with names. I'll be pitted with an RZ350 that has full red bodywork. I'll also have my FZR 600. I pull my trailer with an old blue mustang. I always have extra beer after 5:00.

8. dave3593

I am trying to decide if I'm going to buy a practice Friday.

Can anyone tell me which practice group V6LW (RZ350) would be with and which practice group V7MW (1990 FZR 6oo) would be with. The schedule shows five different groups.

I sure hope my old FZR doesn't get put in with modern 600s.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  9. cyclocrossfool

i might be bringing the 90 fzr600 too, but going to do 6HW

10. dave3593

V6HW and V7MW classes run at the same time so even if we are not in the same class we can "race" each other. My engine is stock and I have not even lightened the bike.

11. cyclocrossfool

i paid $200 for my heap

12. dave3593

:beer:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We adjust the group you go in to the bike. The CC's listed aren't a hard and fast rule. Only issue I could see is if you don't want to run the FZR with the 600's it would go in the same class as the RZ. Although we might be able to bump that down to Group 2 if you promise to be nice to the V2 bikes...

14. dave3593

Thank you for the insight Mongo!

15. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I will be there, it will be my first WERA event and I am excited to be joining everyone for a weekend of fun.
    I will be bringing my 1938 Indian Sport Scout as long as it plays nice when I am getting it ready, if not I will bring my backup 37 Scout. I also have a 1944 Harley WL that will be along for the ride as well as my almost new 1982 Honda FT500 Ascot.

I have a roller starter that is always ready by the toy hauler for the out of breathe pushers trying to get fired up. You are welcome to use it, that way I don't feel bad for not offering to give you a push o_O my body is way past that.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a fun time on the track!!

ToofPic likes this.
  16. cyclocrossfool

you race ahrma? looked for you and the bike at last round in nj. i think you bought some yam sr parts from me?

17. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Oh very cool, yes I race with ahrma and I did buy SR parts from you. I was not at NJ as I broke the frame on our toy hauler on my return trip from Willow so not only will this be our first WERA event but also our first outing with our new to us replacement toy hauler.

Look forward to seeing you there

18. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

I’ll be there! Garage 7 & 8… swing by and say hi. Looking forward to the weekend

JBall likes this.
  19. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

My 93 GSXR750 WAS ready till I took it out for a test ride. Shock seal started leaking and a deep engine noise started. Now Im not so sure.

dave3593 likes this.
  20. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

In for V5. Three lap test session on Treeline Ct. raceway says we are ready to go!