1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Doc, Jan 10, 2000.

1. Doc

Doc Member

Is the whole track going to be used for the Endurance event at VIR in August or one of the shorter configurations?

2. WERA

WERA Administrator

Due to the cost of running the full course (extra track rental, more officials, etc...) we will be running the 2.62 mile "medium" course for 2000.

We will look into the feasability of running the full course for 2001 as well as the possibility of running the medium and short courses at the same time - it might be perfect for a Cycle Jam type event.

3. Doc

Doc Member

Too bad! May see you there anyway. Also, good rule change in only needing one previous round to qualify for the GNF Endurance-may see you there too.

4. WERA

WERA Administrator

Yeah, we've got more teams than ever chasing the entire series but we're not getting the locals to come out and play like we used to. I think it's a combination of the regulars getting to be very, very good at what they do and the misconception about the expense. Yes the big guys do change tires every pit stop but there were many fast teams out there last year who ran one set of tires for the entire race (4 and 6 hours). It's still the best bang for your buck in roadracing...

Then again, I am a little biased [​IMG]

5. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

That must not be a "new" rule about only needing one endurance race to qualify for the GNF. (Can you say "EBSCO Corona Suzuki")....what was up with that ?

6. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

I know, I know, the 24 hour event is nearly a whole seasons' worth of racing but it's still only "one" race...

7. WERA

WERA Administrator

You got it, prior to the 24 last year the boss decided (rightly so, at least in my opinion) that anyone who competed in the 24 and wanted to run at the GNF could.