1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Ohlins Question

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by OWO1, Sep 15, 2021.

1. OWO1

OWO1 Well-Known Member

Beeb,

Need an assist, I've discussed with Ohlins USA, and searched the internet on and off for a few weeks and am at a dead end trying to locate the old skool Ohlins hydralic preload adjuster knob. (Top item on in the pic below) Looking for anyone that might have one or have an idea on where to find one. Its for a new shock I'm installing on my YZF750 track bike, it's in great shape just need the part.

Thank you,

Jay B.

Attached Files:

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So a GUESS if you found someone with a 3D printer. Looks like it goes over a square post with a bolt hole to hold it on. Needs to be hollow and long enough to cover the adjustment. Then knurl or whatever for grip. I would think if you have a buddy with a 3d printer and something like Fusion360 it could be made with a few iterations. Be nice in ABS or Delron. Possibly Cheetah if you had any around.

3. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

This^^^
    It could be drawn in CAD and put in stl format pretty quickly then there's a jillion places that could print it. Something with glass or carbon fibers in it would make it more durable, but I think that ABS would do the job just fine. Strength really depends on the quality and resolution of the printer as much as the material itself. We get super high resolution out of our Carbon printers but we're making models of people's teeth and our material is barf-colored so it wouldn't look too cool on your bike.

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Ask Rick Tannenbaum, Cogent Dynamics: 828-628-9025.

Cheers,

Dave