1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VD Terrifies Me

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxernaut, Feb 14, 2023.

1. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

That's right. The last couple of weeks leading up to Valentine's Day I get stuck in a malaise of indecision between knowing I need to do something special for the little lady and not feeling like doing anything about it right now. Then I end up at Walgreens at the last minute buying her a card.

The end.

beechkingd likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm trying to decide if it's worth hitting Krogers on the way home. Probably not since it's not actually on the way home. Race Trac kind of is, maybe some reeses eggs would work.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Shit. Been runnin' around all day with the idea that I would stop on my way home...

By the time I got everything done (all things I was checking had future consequences), I was satisfied with my planning accomplishments and promptly forgot about Dear Wifey until I saw this thread.
    What's my move? :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hope she's in the city overnight?

R Acree likes this.
  6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My anniversary was February 11th. I haven't had to celebrate Valentines Day for 40 years. Wife always said it was stupid to celebrate both so close to each other. Another life lesson for you young guys (I should be charging for this invaluable info:D).

sharkattack and CharlieY like this.
  7. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Thought this was a venereal disease thread (maybe it still is).

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ha! That's tomorrow, for however long. I guess the return date could say something about the situation. :crackup:

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Mine's in Fla. till Saturday so I get out of it this year. It's also my oldest daughters birthday so I called her this morning.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I seem to recall that Joe Morris and his wife shared a birthday on Valentine's Day. You think you got things figured out? Beat that.

rd400racer likes this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Picked up an $12 orchid at Aldi yesterday. Wife got the 'Rona so no going out needed!

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Put as much effort into doing what she wants as she does for what you want.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But she's cheating - she had to go to the post office which is by a bunch of stores so now she'll probably get me a card or something.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Break out the colored pencils and paper and one up her with a personalized, hand made card.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She'd love that - still not happening... :crackup:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Buy a small red gift bag, a bag of dark chocolate Dove candy (red wrappers) and a bag of caramel filled Dove chocolate (gold wrappers) - all three available at Walmart. Fill the bag. It's custom made, so it looks like you put forth a lot of effort and it's chocolate...win-win. You're welcome.

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

VD is the stupidest of the hallmark holidays. Don't do anything. Stay strong.

KneeDragger_c69, brex and MachineR1 like this.
  18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Huh, I didn’t realize Hallmark was in business in the 17th Century. Learn something everyday.

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They operated under the name Corridormarketh

gixxernaut likes this.
  20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not sure I get the 17th century reference....