1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vance & Hines Power Pak on an F2

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CR750, Apr 21, 2006.

1. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Anyone ever used one of these? There are 4 selectable ignition curves and 4 selectable rev limits. I do not have the spec sheet and am curious if anyone has had any luck using one and which curve is best. I am going to do a dyno run tomorrow and I will post up the stock black box and whatever numbers I get from the V&H with suggested curve.

Thanks
    Jon

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

They are the suck.big POS:down:

3. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Because? I am a bit nervous about jacking with a proven reliable motor (proven over many seasons). Do they have a failure mode?

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I have a 900RR in the shop that has one on it.I have not had a chance to dyno it. Back in the day, when I first started building my F2, my former engine builded swore by them.He had one of the fastest YZF750s on the track. Might suggest the Dyna Tech instead though.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

they just go bad.Don't know about any damage it causes.When I worked ata shop we pulled them off & trashed them on a regular basis.Didn't seem to hurt anything.Just didn't work.

6. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

3rdshiftgixxer, yep you nailed it. It made no real difference on horsepower, the best we got was on map 2 +1hp in mid range and -1hp on top, the F2 made 87hp. The rev limiter increase could be helpful if you had a pumped up motor but for a stocker it is no change as it was losing power about 1000rpm before hitting the limiter. I am staying with the hoinda box.