1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 and V7 slackers

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Mar 29, 2013.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I can't speak for the Man From The Land Of Boz but I say you get a bi only because we all thought you sold the bike and gave up racing :D

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I saw my F3 last week when I was looking for a shock. It looked lonely.

Kev, I have a motor with 30k+ with not even a valve adjustment. What the heck did you do?

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Stick, if you truly saw Lochness you should have drug her out of the shed. Curtis would obviously be willing to ride it and it would give Kenny something to work on at the track and free you up for some tire changing. LOL

4. stickboy274

If someone plans on working on it at the track, bring some transmission parts. The last time I was on it, it dropped to 5th before the brake markers at RRR. That got my attention.

5. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Good question! I thought it was just old gas & a fouled plug. After a few minutes of run time I had two cold header pipes. I only checked one, but it barely moved the needle on the gauge. The two good cylinders both hit 165 psi. I'm hoping for stuck rings or some other miricle. Anyway, my only racing for the short term is on Friday nights at the velodrome.

6. stickboy274

It's your pilot jets for sure. If it made compression, the valves are moving. Without gas, you don't get heat.

Yamaha carb dippin' time.

7. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Re-read, goob: no compression. Carbs will be cleaned before I dig deeper.

8. stickboy274

Weird. you did something wrong.

There, glad I could help

9. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Truly, you are amazing. Drag your skinny @$$ up here one Friday night. We'll race bicycles that night, you can sleep in the shop & then fix the F3 on Saturday. You'll not get a better offer.

10. Outsider V6 V7

Stickboy has officially been called out. No excuses SB.

11. rwood64083

2 cents worth:

Two cylinders at the same time? I doubt stuck rings.
    Did you fog the cylinders when you put it in hibernation and if so, what'd you use? It really hasn't sat all that long.
    Which two cylinders?
    If you tell me the outer two (1 and 4) I'm gonna say check fuel pump (or pump electrics).
    If you tell me the two inner (2 and 3) I'm gonna say re-check compression again and take a little more time doing so.
    Crazy sounding but check the muffler for signs of mice. If so, pull the header pipe and make sure there's no winter food packed in the exhaust ports.
    Do you have access to a cylinder leak-down tester. If not, I can probably walk you through testing without one and what you're looking for (besides another F3 to run off the track).
    Were you running pump fuel with ethanol when it was put away?
    Are you sure the schrader valve in the compression tester hose isn't giving you fits? And please don't tell me you used a tester with a rubber nipple that requires a firm press to hold it in-place while you crank the engine over.
    May want to squirt a little oil in each dead cylinder and re-test.
    You did give it at least 5 or 6 revolutions when testing, right?

Get back to us. Inquiring V7 minds wanna know :Poke:

12. Outsider V6 V7

Im thinking carburetors all the way. Check oil for fuel smell and if any change the oil. Clean pilot jets, change oil and spark plugs, put gas in and start. You're welcome,
    Eboz

13. Outsider V6 V7

Try putting a little seafoam in cylinders before you change oil and let it sit for an evening. Remove all plugs and turn over for a few seconds. Change oil and plugs. Don't forget to put a rag over the cylinders before you hit starter button as it sucks cleaning this stuff off the ceiling and walls. If it hadn't stuck a ring before it was stored chances are that's not the issue unless you didn't winterize and blew a head gasket.

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Keep an eye out!! Race only yhough

15. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Yamalube carb dip is our best friend.Buzz box makes one everybody's best friend.

F3s sit well.Start with the simple stuff.

16. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I shot some Seafoam in the "dead" cylinders (1&2) and gonna check compression (with my Craftsman compression gauge, Randy) and see what I get. Both plugs were new that morning and came out pretty much the same; no fuel smell or any color change. The oil and coolant that came out were both used but as they should be; no mixing. Exhaust is already off; rodents are always on my radar! The pilot jet situation sounds like the true problem after ready the replies so far; I really appreciate all the info:bow:

17. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

buy a new f2/f3 race bike. push that one in the corner or sell it to dustin.

18. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

Good thing I pre-registered for Summit April 20/21 V6 and V7 a few weeks ago... close call on the slacker thing.

19. rwood64083

:stupid:
    Listen to the man. Different bike, you'll be at the track more often whoopin' on Stick. Not to mention Dustin needs another project.

20. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I follow that logic. Worst case is a top end job but could be as simple as a carb cleaning; I'd rather not throw in the towel just yet. If I rolled every broke racebike I ever had in the corner I would have ran out of corners and money years ago. June Roebling still looks like I might make it.