Tyr Sox anyone tried them?

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun2577, Mar 10, 2008.

1. cajun2577

cajun2577 Member

I was looking into get a new set of tire warmers and these seemed to be priced well, but wanted to get some opinions from you guys.

So what's the verdict?

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

the verdict would be to use the search function :D

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

fixed it for ya. :p

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They're inexpensive and do what they need to do. Are they the best? Nope. Will they work? sure. Would I buy a set?

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The owner also gives back to the racing community.

6. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

I bought a set used a few years back, still use them to this day. One of the straps came loose but I just had it sewn back on. :up: I'd buy another set, but then again I'm a tightwad. :D

7. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

don't buy them. they are super cheap...you'll look around at the chickenhawk owners and wonder why you were so damn cheap.

i'd get used chickenhawks before i'd get tyrsox.

here's another indication....look around at a race and see who the cheap ass racers are putting their money toward. you'll find 10:1 chickenhawks.

8. GBAUTO

GBAUTO Well-Known Member

they don't have all of the bells and whistles that the high end warmers do but for 1/2-1/3 the price i think that they work quite well....but what do i know-i just do trackdays.....

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Call Chicken hawk and buy a used set! :up:

10. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

I have a set. For trackdays, they're fine. They work very well, just not as easy to put on and take off as the competition. If you screw them up, the owner will repair them for free too.

11. Keep Up

Keep Up N 142

I use the T2's and am very pleased with them, and I believe they were something like $334ish shipped

12. sanfret

sanfret Almost as fast as my kid

13. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I have a mint set of chicken hawk standards I am wiling to part with :D.....

14. ALephart

ALephart Well-Known Member

+1 for Chickenhawk warmers. Better made and better designed.

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Yes, because it is important to use what everybody else is using.:rolleyes:

Jig is right though. I use them on the 125 (which really does not require warmers) but for the bigger bikes its Chicken Hawks only.

16. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I have a set I used for years, and now they are my back up set. they do what they are supposed to do.

I now use my T2's. They are easier to install and the thicker tire warmers work better on really cold or windy days to hold the heat in.

17. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

+∞ on Chicken Hawks. Their customer service is top notch, too. I bought a used set off of ebay & one of the warmers went bad a couple months after I got it. After commenting "this warmer is 8 years old!" they repaired it for $25. i've gotten a season and a half, since.

18. pucksdown

pucksdown WERA #9

T2's are a great buy. Programmable thermostat, easy on/off. Just sold my 8 yr. old tyre sox for $80. Worked but a little too much work getting them right each time.

19. Steezlo

Steezlo Well-Known Member

They'll get it done, but +1 for the ChickenHawks

20. RedBull72

RedBull72 Sticker Pimp

Get T2s! The work great. The T2 sale force is top notch. Ask for Dave!:up: :up: