Two Men Enter, One Man Leaves

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Sure I know about the rabbit. Hell, I saddled it up and rode it to breakfast a few days ago. Then some asshole with an airline froze the mofo solid. :mad:

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

United Airlines just won the award for best in-flight meals.

Chinese take out.

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Even when the father offered to play by their rules of the infant having to stay in someone's lap the entire they still kicked them out? That right there's what's gonna make it hurt.

They gave him an option of getting off the plane or the plane sitting on tarmac the entire time. I'd be busting out my headphones and iPad and watching me some movies while my infant son slept in the paid for seat. Then when morning came I'd get off the plane.

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

This one isn't so egregious to me. An airplane ticket is by name. The name on the ticket was actually the 18 year old son, who left early and went back home. Yeah, dad paid for the ticket, but if the 18 year old never checks in to the seat in which he was assigned, then that seat is available. Period.

Delta went wrong in a couple of places.

1. They entertained the guy saying he was going to do this before he got on the plane. How did he get that seat if he didn't have a boarding pass to do it?
    2. Threatening foster care and jail time is just fucking stupid.
    3. They're on video quoting FAA regulations saying a child over 2 cannot be in a car seat, when Delta's own website AND the FAA website have statements directly contradicting this. I don't know who sent the representative down to explain this, but I could have explained it better than her, and I don't have kids, nor do I work for Delta or the FAA. But, I found the correct information in less than 30 seconds.

So, instead of the guy being called out for taking a seat that actually wasn't assigned to anyone present in his party (I get that he paid for it, but the passenger didn't show up), we're now talking about Delta and how they fucked up (which, they did, but...)

At least there wasn't violence, they didn't take a 2 year old away in handcuffs, and they didn't make the toddler change into slacks because a diaper was inappropriate.

sheepofblue likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The comments were stupid but not a huge deal. The family thinking they could put a kid in another persons seat is moronic - even if that other person was their other kid. This isn't the family fucking truckster. Every thing you see/sign/buy with regard to airfare says you have to have YOUR ticket in YOUR name. Just because you're two doesn't change that.

Whiney ass morons.

What really is annoying is the airlines apologizing for enforcing rules that are easy for the millions of other people who fly every year to understand and follow.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope - the kid did not have a seat, that kid was listed as an infant in arms.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eventually the other couple hundred people on the plane would have tossed you and your family out the door.

The idiot was breaking the rules and the law. Just like the idiot on the United flight.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think on one there was most likely confusion since he was talking about his sons changing seats. I'd bet he never said he was putting an unticketed being in another persons seat.

The threats were the only thing wrong but it's words, people need to chill the fuck out. A stewardess/gate agent doesn't have that ability. I get using threats no matter how stupid to avoid a situation like the United one.

But as usual it all comes down to the moron customer thinking they are special and don't have to follow the rules. Fuck them. You do not get to buy a ticket for one person then arbitrarily decide someone else is going to use that seat. Especially someone else who did not buy a ticket at all.

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This. The dad was an idiot. Older son did not check in so airline gave the seat to a passenger that was checked in. Now the McStupid family is trying for their 5 min of fame...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm still floored people truly believe that some moron can arbitrarily give a seat to someone without a ticket. And that Delta is apologizing.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I'm still floored that an airline can sell a seat to two different people and expect the people who pay for it to think that's ok.

MachineR1 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not the case this time. They had a passenger not show up - hence an empty seat - so they went ahead and checked in a standby person. A different deal than overbooking.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Shoulda just told them the kid had the same name as the 18 YO. Problem solved.

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Couldn't the Dad have scanned the 18 year old's ticket and just sat the kid down and no one would have known?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They already had the little kid on their own tickets is my guess.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm kind of curious about that too - my gut is saying they didn't buy the teen a new ticket, they changed his existing one to a different flight and then thought there'd magically be an extra seat that they "paid" for...

20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That would have been a good way to get in even more trouble...