1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV mounts - LARGE

Discussion in 'General' started by Bunke10, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

So I bought the 65" Samsung that's been on sale at Best Buy as well as a full motion wall mount from Cheetah off Amazon. The only way to describe this setup is "ridiculously awesome". Anyway, so day one with the Cheetah mount and the tv hangs wayyyy crooked. Probably 6-7º off center. So it's going back.

Anybody have any recommendations on a good brand for TV mounts? If I had to guess, Cheetah, Mount-it, VideoSecu, or any of those other brands in the $50-60 price range will be the same thing. I'd prefer a full-motion mount, but ultimately if every mount is going to sag with 65lbs. on the end then I obviously don't want it.

Thanks!

2. marshdrummer

marshdrummer Well-Known Member

I have a on-the-heavy side 55" plasma hanging on a 'level mount'. the mount is great. heavy duty, slides side to side, tilts up/down. Has a built in level bubble to help you hang. Going 3 years strong.

3. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Are you sure there is no adjustment for that? What model is it?

There are some good mounts out there, and bad ones too. Buying the cheapest one is not the answer.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

what's up with the prices for mounts? almost as much as the TV

5. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

I tried adjusting it, but the problem is the arm just really isn't meant for a tv that heavy. I'm sure it would handle a 20lb. tv without any issues. The issue was that no matter how tight I got the bolt on the middle pivot (which makes it almost impossible to adjust), it would still sag a few degrees, without or without the tv. So if the arm was extended out to the left, it would sag one way, and vice versa to the right. I do think the dual-arm design would be a lot better than the single-arm, but at this point I realize that this isn't the most quality product anyway so I'm not even going to bother trying this company again.

http://www.cheetahmounts.com/Cheetah-Mounts-tilt-and-swivel-articulating-arm-p/apsamb.htm

I think I'm going to give this one a try... I really don't need my tv more than a foot away from the wall anyway, its pretty badass but a bit over the top lol. This one looks a hell of a lot sturdier.

http://www.displays2go.com/P-13308/TV-Wall-Bracket-with-Extending-Arms-Tilting-Bracket?o=1-26452

6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

7. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

I've always just used the monoprice ones and have had no issues whatsoever. Provided you install them properly (lag bolts into studs, etc), they have worked fantastically for me on at least 5 or 6 TVs, up to 70" in size (although no plasma, all LED or LCD).

8. cesj

cesj Member

Monoprice FTW! Just go to hardware store for good lag bolts for studs

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Chief is the best, but most expensive
    Premier are a close second, and cost a little less.
    Peerless work and are the least expensive of the 3.

I wont use any other brand than these three after some of the junk I've seen and had to work with.

FWIW, and cuz I'm happy about this, Chief retweeted me today. :D
    https://twitter.com/chiefmfg

10. B182

B182 Well-Known Member

I've got 2 monoprice mounts holding up 63" and 65" Samsung plasmas for about 2 years now. No issues, nice mounts. Agree on getting real lag bolts, throw the stuff it comes with away. Also, If you get the one with a bubble level built into the mount, don't trust it. Use your own level on the mounting surface as sometimes those built-in levels are a little off.

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

www.monoprice.com. Have bought several there, for a fraction of the cost of other places. Most recently a 58" plasma. Fairly heavy, compared to LED's.

Great tech support, customer reviews, live chat, and they'll give you options. Don't overpay for TV mounts ever again.

12. river rat

river rat Well-Known Member

My 165 lb hitachi has been hanging on a $40 EBay special for 9 years. Risky business :D

13. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I just hung our 60" Samsung plasma on the same mount we had our 46" Sony LCD. It was just wide enough to work, maybe 1/2" to spare on either side. I don't see it ever being a problem, with 4 large bolts into the wall studs. The plasma is about the same weight as the LCD. Cables are hidden withing the wall using those 2.5" grommets you see in office desks.

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I bought a "levelmount" for our 65" wall mounted plasma. Says it good up to 85" and 200 something lbs.

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=109&cp_id=10828

I picked one up that had spots for locks on each side, for a little added security (it's in the garage). At least they'll have to rip the wall off before they take the TV.

17. pg_rider

pg_rider Doesn't race anymore...

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!