1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT-R125 clutch issue

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by prowannabe, May 30, 2013.

1. prowannabe

prowannabe Member

hey everyone, so I went to my first race this past weekend and didn't get a chance to use my bike. I went to bump start it and my clutch would not disengage.... I have went into it and everything seems to be within tolerance...could it be the clutch plates warped? or possibly just toasted? I set it as the manual says and when I pull the clutch in only a couple friction plates move. If I pull all of them all out by hand with the clutch pulled the the wheel will spin...any suggestions? experience with this?

2. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Did you do anything to the clutch before the bad bump-start (like add or replace any fibers or steels)?

3. bruceiam

bruceiam Well-Known Member

I have seen where over time the clutch plates ware grooves into the clutch basket and when under load will not let the plates move freely. New clutch basket time.

4. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

if there are grooves in the basket take a file to the basket, and your good to go. no need to replace the basket if its not broken. we have saved a lot of customers money and time in ordering by doing this.

5. prowannabe

prowannabe Member

hey guys thanks for the responses, had a mechanic friend come over after I took it apart and reset everything and he says it seems ok, gonna try new oil tomorrow and test it out. Will keep you posted.

6. prowannabe

prowannabe Member

got her working guys... can't tell ya what was wrong exactly..... OH WELL, i'll take it!

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Awesome. Now you can get to ride your own bike in Calgary! The next race will be an awesome weekend. Lots of racing and tons of riders for the national.