1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to replace my stock SV brake reservoir

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Ducpimp, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Ducpimp

Ducpimp Well-Known Member

I am looking to replace my stock SV front brake reservoir and not sure how to do this. The way I have my controls set up I have to have the current reservoir turned down so I can not tell where the brake fluid level is. I have seen may SV's run with a upright one like from a GSXR. Any suggestions? Also will this take me out of running in a superstock class?

Thanks

Aaron
    #342 NV

2. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Put one from the other model SV... it uses the remote reservoir..

Plus I'm willing to gamble that you'll stay SS legal that way and that the GSX-R one would make you a SB.

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

As long as the system is the same bore and stroke as stock then it is legal......well atleast that is what the rulebook says.

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Hey Aaron,

Don't know if you remember me, but I'm the slow/scared new guy on the purple SV from VIR. Sorry I missed you at Summit Point - I didn't get to race because of a crash in practice on Friday.

Anyway, I only know this because I just bought one myself. The master cylinder/reservoir from other some other Suzuki models are the same as the SV.

I looked up the part numbers on the 99-02 SVS - they are the same as the 00-03 GSXR 750. It wouldn't take you out of the SS class because these come stock on the SVS models. I found one on ebay if you are interested. My 03 has a different part number, but I had to sift my way through the different Suzuki Master Cylinders to see which one would fit. I figured it'd be good to have a spare.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4545938810&category=35592

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  5. Ducpimp

Thanks for the info everyone (Huey130 and StrickSVS)!

Chris,

Great to hear from you. Yea I heard you hurt your ankle at Summit, bum deal! Will you be at Summit in June? I too crashed at summit in T1, no damage to bike besides cosmetic and me, a few stars for a couple minutes and that is it. Are you selling the ebay item or just something you found? I am definately interested, I hate not being able to see the brake fluid level and even when I losen the bolts and turn it upright, it does not seem correct.

Aaron

6. Lawn Dart

As of right now, yes, I will be at Summit in June... I'm just getting ready for Cycle Jam right now though... Are you coming down to VIR?

No, that auction is one that I ran across when I was searching for my own master cylinder. I couldn't use it because it only fits the 1st Gen SV. If I had one, I'd just give it to you. :)

7. Ducpimp

Unfortunately I will not be making Cylce Jams, I was at VIR once already and need to save $$ for July (Beaver/Mid Ohio/Nelso). You should be glad you did not make the trip up to Beaver this past weekend. It was 38 degrees on Sunday and snowing the whole time. We still ran thought! It was snowing so hard that ice built up on your face shield and by the end of the 4 laps (they cut it down for us) your hands were so numb that you could not tell if you had the clutch pulled in or not..........

When you say early generation SV are you talking about a 99-02?

8. Lawn Dart

That's too bad that you won't make it, but I definitely understand the $$ concerns.

I read about the BeaveRun weekend in the other threads... You guys are my heroes - I don't think I would've done it..

1st Gen SV/SVS = 99-02. In my limited experience, they are all pretty much the same as parts go. Once you get into the 03/04/05, it gets muddier because some parts are the same and some aren't.

9. Ducpimp

Na man, I don't think heros is the word I think more like idoits or race junkies.........

Thanks for the info, I will check out the acution.

Catch ya at Summit.

My email is [email protected], touch base closer to Summit and we can all try to pit together.

Later

10. Lawn Dart

Thanks Aaron, I will!

11. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Hey, Aaron, I bought an SVS master cylinder when I was having brake problems. You're welcome to it.

I bought it off Ebay for $71, but since you're a friend I'll sell it to you for $80.

:D

Seriously, give me a call if you want it.

12. Ducpimp

Thanks John you are a true friend. Oh by the way if need a new suit anytime it will be $899.99 :moon:

I will give you a buzz.

P.S. I am really impressed with your lap times at Beaver in the shit ass weather.

Later

Aaron

13. SVandST

Quit trying to butter me up.

Now it's $85.

:)

14. Ducpimp

I would expect nothing less! You going to charge me shipping too?

15. DakrAzdrVr

DakrAzdrVr Well-Known Member

Jon, since u guys live in the same town, I think you should let it go for $150 including shipping! :D
    BTW, I had the big metal square master cylinder and reservoir in one, and it didn't take crashes well at all. Filed down quick. I bought the gixxer unit off ebay after looking up part numbers on bikebandit.com and making sure it's the same part. Now the reservoir is out of the way when sliding on asphalt. Weight savings also!

16. SVandST

The cheaper way to fix the problem is.....

DON'T CRASH!!!

:Poke: :D

17. DakrAzdrVr

DakrAzdrVr Well-Known Member

Damn, how did I didn't think about that? It's so easy!
    :up: