1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trumps Muslim Ban

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Shyster d'Oil, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Hey, Cuz! :D

2. Yep. IYC has already admitted that he's on government disability. I can't speak for others, but I for one would not be giving him shit about it were it not for his incessant bitching about others receiving government benefits, the "nanny state," etc.

What he won't admit is what his actual disability is. Hmmm.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Weird how it didn't work out that way, right?
    Let's see if you can figure it out.

4. In Your Corner

I don't think they should have to hire me if they don't think I'd make money for the company, actually.
    How would that make sense from a business standpoint?
    Certainly if I'm going to run up the cost of their insurance, the have a legitimate point.
    Too bad it costs a fortune to insure employees under Obamacare.

5. In Your Corner

You weren't paying attention. I carried both short-term and long-term disability at every job.
    If you've ever paid for LTD and read the fine print, you are required to apply for SSDI to stay in compliance, in this case after 1 year of them paying total disability.
    That term is in reference to the job you're doing at the time, btw, it isn't necessary to be in a wheelchair.
    I applied as I was required to, and SSDI agreed that I could no longer do that job.

6. In Your Corner

How does one make money on health insurance?

7. I didn't make "money." I'm in the black because the services I received are worth a lot more than what I paid in. I made a common sense gamble. One that I would have been remiss not to make, actually, and unfortunately I ended up needing it.

Your turn now. What disability do you have that prevents you from working?

8. The key term is SSDI. AKA the nanny state that you typically have so much disdain for.

9. I completely agree.

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What do you mean, how many are left....didn't the Democrats fix all those areas already in the last 60 yrs? o_O
    I mean I assumed they did and that's why they were ready and wanted to move onto other groups/races/nationalities/etc....no??? :rolleyes:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you can't do the work, it's not really what I would call discrimination.
    But from what you've been saying, it sounds like you could do the work but they won't give you a chance because of whatever reason. If they had an incentive to do so, let's say a tax break, who would be the loser in this deal? They get someone who can do the job at a discount, you get a job, and if the tax break costs the government less than what they pay you every month, they win too. Well, just my opinion.

12. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Its not a democrat or republican issue. We can give billions of dollars to countries that hate us. Go to war and spend trillions for no victory or nothing of gain. When we can use that money here. Very simple idea hey you want unemploymemt. Well we will have a job on city clean up get a full check work 40 hours. Democrats always want to give out money for people who arent working. Republicans want to create jobs. Well that would be one way they can both get their way. But what are we told we dont have the money. I say we do have the money trillions of dollars going over seas or we can spend it right here.

R Acree likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

That's not unreasonable from the perspective of mitigating costs, I suppose, but it would negatively affect another candidate for the job who didn't have that advantage.
    There are some similar programs that allow employers to take a chance on disabled employees that do work well, though they are usually non-complex jobs. I think those programs have merit.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Yes, quite right...

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Someone would come up with a reason why work is demeaning or they are taking someone else's job, probably that they would be taking the illegal immigrants opportunities.