Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Repeal and replace and the stupid wall would be two of his major promises. We'll see what happens with tax reform and infrastructure. You guys still down with that btw? I know how much everyone loved it when Obama talked about it.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I think he's not Hillary Clinton, and that was his most important qualification to win.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

He can't sign what congress doesn't send him.

Unlike his predecessor, he doesn't rule with impunity. His detractors don't get tarred and feathered with the scarlet letter of racist.

R Acree and dtalbott like this.
  4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Nope, I voted to send a pitbull into the WH and fuck shit up. The mess that we are in is not the fault of one or two people and insults don't fix messes.

5. blkduc

You're real special aren't you. When you can cite a failure by Trump to follow through, we can have a conversation.

6. R1Racer99

I don't feel like finding every idiotic quote. Go on YouTube and search Trump campaign promises.

7. blkduc

Yeah that's what I thought.

8. R1Racer99

Or chalk it up as a victory and ignore everything he said because I don't want to spend my Saturday looking through hours of speeches where he promised things that haven't happened. The info is available to you, check it out. Or not. I lose, oh well.

9. dtalbott

You do realize that,if every politician had to complete 60% of their campaign promises or be shot, we would run out of politicians.

Not saying that would be a bad thing...

10. blkduc

You made a claim...can't back it up with even one thing...and I'm going to spend time on it? :crackup:

11. R1Racer99

Actually I brought up repeal and replace and the wall and you ignored it. How's that old impenetrable wall coming? Is Mexico still paying for it?

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'm certainly not for the Feds getting into infrastructure rebuilding, but at this point, I don't see any solid plans or efforts to get anything done on that front, so it's not an immediate worry.
    Not worried about the wall, it is being worked on and will continue.

I don't care who pays for it, it's a great investment even if we pay for it.
    God knows we find billions to piss away on all sorts of other nonsense that benefits us nothing.

As to DACA, Obama left quite the trap.
    There is nothing the left would like better than to see Trump start rounding-up and deporting "Dreamers".
    Anyone who thinks they are all going to be sent home is dreaming themselves.
    Obama made sure they'd stay by making them "legitimate" citizens who work with you and go to school with your kids.
    Only a heartless bastard would throw out these productive citizens who are here through no fault of their own and are just children (most are adults ranging up to their early thirties, but what the hell), right?
    That's the trap left by Barry. No way to win that fight.

The question is, who gets to stay and who gets to stay with them.
    Trump should shoot for no additions to the DACA list as it stands today, everybody else goes home.
    Any criminals on the list need to go back, and no welfare benefits should be available to them.
    They should have to go to the back of the line to immigrate here legally before being able to become a citizen.
    No more line-jumping for anything, be that college or jobs or citizenship.
    Most importantly, nobody else in their family gets to stay just because the Dreamer gets to stay.

It remains to be seen if Trump can get any meaningful concessions from Schumer and Pelosi (and I think that's doubtful) but he will get to show the world who is holding up the deal, and he might even convince some from his own party to play nice.
    He will be in the position of being the champion for the Dreamers if Thing One and Thing Two hold up any deals.
    And he just walked around the roadblocks in his own party to do so.
    He's not going to let them take away the ball.

When you can't get the best deal, you shoot for the next best deal and get what you can out of it.
    Doing nothing isn't the answer. Our current Congress is great at doing nothing, and it ain't getting us any place.

I certainly don't agree with him about a lot of things, and he's not much of a conservative (he'd have been a pretty typical Democrat in the 60's), but it's entertaining watching the guy work.
    I think he's consistently showing that it's a mistake to underestimate him and that he'll step over bodies on either side of the aisle when necessary.

And he's not Hillary Clinton.
    That fact alone is his most redeeming quality.
    He slew the dragon, and for that I thank him.
    I believe I will refrain from pig-piling on the guy every time he forgets to say "Mother, may I?".

dtalbott likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

If you want some real entertainment go to Breitbart and read the comments on the stories of Trump working with the dems. So many alt right honky ass redneck snowflakes melting down. They can't believe a greasy ass New York loudmouth lied to them just to get their votes so he could line he and his friends pockets. Now that's some win!

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. blkduc

You can't possibly be this dumb. Please, let me help you. Watch this. At 2:20, the magic happens.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    dtalbott likes this.
  15. R1Racer99

Maybe your hero should have watched that before he said over and over how he was going to do those things on day one of his presidency. If you wonder why I don't respond to whatever bullshit you reply with, it's that I've had enough of your condescending douchiness. Have a nice day.

16. In Your Corner

I hope you don't think that all those posters are who they purport to be?
    Sites like Breitbart attract lots of trolls these days, to the point that the comments aren't worth reading.

17. dtalbott

Schoolhouse Rock rules!

18. In Your Corner

I think most of us took that phrase to mean that he would make it a priority.
    I know I didn't take it literally.
    Even someone with autism wouldn't believe he could actually accomplish those things on his first day as President.
    He was selling himself, because that's how you get elected.

The blowback you're getting from asking the question is that the question assumes as a given that Trump supporters would actually believe something that isn't possible, and you're asking the question of a Trump supporter.
    In other words, the question is phrased in such a way as to insult the person you are questioning.
    Can you see how that might be off-putting?

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fuck off, Interplanet Janet. :D

20. R1Racer99

Hmm, no I hadn't thought of that. On the flip side I would say that essentially saying he has followed through on every single thing he said he was going to do would be more of that than what I said, but either way point taken.

I guess my problem is that I do take things literally, when someone says something a thousand times and then doesn't do what he said it pisses me off, even if I disagree with what he wanted to do in the first place.