1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

truck wheels and tires.

Discussion in 'General' started by Brianj666, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Brianj666

Brianj666 Well-Known Member

Just wondering what site has the best prices on truck wheels and tires. Where you all buying them from?

Thanks everybody!

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

3. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

I second CustomOffsets. They always have deals going and will ship them mounted and balanced to your door. Great group of people! Plus you can look at the gallery and see what a certain combo will look like on your truck...

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

last couple sets on previous trucks i have gone with Discount Tire (america's tire depending on your location). i applied for their credit card, got zero percent financing on the purchase, paid it off well before deadline, and get free tire rotations for the life of the tire.

R1M370 likes this.
  6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Friend of mine owns this one https://www.pacwheel.com/index.cfm

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

the best price...
    Some of these....
    [​IMG]

One of these...
    [​IMG]

and just go "shopping" one evening. preferably the later the better. Allegedly.

:D

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'll offer up that it depends on what you want. Sometimes you gotta go to the manufacturer (wheels) and sometimes it's a vendor from your favorite truck forum (tires). Then there's everyone else in between.
    I saved over $100 getting Duratracs through a vendor as opposed to a high-volume distributor. My wheels came from the maker. If it's run-of-the-mill wheels, your vendor may be able to do better than a distributor on them as well.

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

just put new wheels, and tires on the Tacoma. bought oem accy TRD wheels (160.00 each, very cost friendly from online supplier), and the new Toyo open country AT3 tires. priced them out, online, and at discount tire, ended up with a better deal, and roadforce balanced (a must, in my opinion), from my local independent tire guy. now to sell the stockers. Ski

chip detailed.jpg

chip trd.jpg

KneeDragger_c69, ducnut and bleacht like this.
  10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Time for rubber on the 2017 Ram
    Going with General Grabber AT2 33x12.5x20 ...

cpettit likes this.
  11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, please ensure both the front and back lift parts are included and installed correctly.

12. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

+1 for Discount Tire.

They'll match any competitors price (online=shipped price), so I always buy from them and get the road hazard warranty.

R1M370 likes this.
  13. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Pep Boys always has a deal going. And there’s always Sams Club, Costco, BJs.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Found a great deal on Maxxis trailer tires here - https://simpletire.com/

They weren't any cheaper on the Michelins I just put on the Suburban than the local Mavis so it's hit or miss.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I think that's where I got my Maxxis trailer tires, too. Nice tire.

16. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

+1 for Discount Tire. They are the only tire store that have tire machines that can hold rims over 20", other shops still use pry bars on bigger rims. 20200613_160407.png

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Discount Tire. They have stores all over the country, which is convenient if one should have an issue while traveling. They Road Force balance. Excellent prices. Excellent service.

R1M370 likes this.
  18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Really? 20 is not that big, my machine will do up to 26.

19. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Yeah even most of our local dealerships use them for 22" rims and bigger. We have a couple stereo shops that have machines for the larger rims but they are twice the price for mount and balance. They are the only local shop I trust to change my tires and not muck up the rims.

20. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

I second them. I just bought 3 sets of tires from them a few months ago. It was a nice transaction and the prices were really good. There was one issue with a newer part number of the same tire being a different price and once I got a knowledgeable person on the phone, they were quick to refund the difference.

Overall, a great transaction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro