1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck value help

Discussion in 'General' started by MGM, Feb 6, 2022.

1. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I know the answer is 3 Fiddy…:)

I’m selling my 2004 GMC 2500hd extended cab diesel 4x4. Truck has been in my family from new and never lived a life of work. It’s meticulously maintained, new a/c, new Michelins, leather, SLT, Rhino Lining, etc.. Been kept inside for most of its life, zero rust with 151k miles on it. Can any of guys in the car business give me a value on it in the current market?

In the process of buying an airplane and need to clean up the balance sheet.

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

Also what plane? A run of the mill Bo, mooney or piper? Or something cool like a C310 or extra???

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

A truck like that would fetch about $25-28 out here in AZ right now.

Also what kinda plane??

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Used vehicle value has exploded... unfortunately for you much is the same in the civil aviation world. Sell the truck now, buy a aircraft in 2 to 3 years. Unless of course your buying a share, there are still some good deals going that route. Especially when you get in on one where no one else really uses it.

5. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Kitfox model 7, modded O-200, professionally built. Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

25-28k?!? No kidding?

6. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Here it is. Having a huge problem getting a hanger close to home.

Attached Files:

Mike Lafayette and ChemGuy like this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That looks capable of some seriously short take offs and landings. How big's your backyard? :D

R Acree likes this.
  8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I see them for around 15k here. LLY would bring more and LBZ double that.

9. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I wish! It is very capable for stol, however my property is just about all hill.

10. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

It is an LLY motor. Later 2004 model..

11. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

20-25 is what they ask for those. I have LBZ in same condition and milage like your. Keep that thing :)

12. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I wholesaled a 2005 crew cab long bed similar to that a couple of years ago for 12,500….
    Wish they were bringing them what they are now.

13. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Post the VIN and I'll get you mmr.

That will tell you what similar trucks have sold for at Manheim

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Also maybe check Carvana or vroom, but it may be too old for them to want to deal with it

15. Critter

Critter Registered

long bed or short bed?

16. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

I have seen this truck in person and can vouch for it being a nice example. Wish I had room for it.

17. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

PM inbound..

Short bed.

18. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Thank you Brett. How’s the trailer doing?

19. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Doing great. Probably one of the best "investments" I've ever made. I get more use out of it than I ever imagined.

20. Critter

Critter Registered

I have been shopping all around the country for a crew cab long bed and they are bringing high 20's, extended cab short beds are rare and not as desired and bring low 20's