1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck seat covers

Discussion in 'General' started by RM Racing, Jun 14, 2018.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Everybody on here drives or owns a truck or van to haul their bikes. I know there's some good info on who makes the best seat covers for trucks. I haul bikes, but more importantly, I haul very furry (and sometimes very wet) dogs around. My dog goes to work with me almost every day and he's a furball. What's your experience with seatcovers and who makes the best ones? Price is not an issue, I have a 2016 Tundra, and it might possibly be the last truck I ever own (my 2002 has 300k trouble free miles) and I want the best. Opinions?

2. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Hi Rick!
    That's all I got.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I had some Wet Okle covers in my old dakota. Those things were great! When I sold the truck & removed them.. looked like the factory seats were brand new.
    My only complaint might be the expense but it brought its value at resale time for the truck & seat covers.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Bartact makes the best seatcovers but, unless your seats are the same as a Tacoma's, maybe/might fit depending on the trim package?
    I hose mine off, using a nylon scrubby brush on the mud spots. Some day, I might even use soap, but they clean nicely with just water and still look brand new after 4 years of year-round exposure to the elements. (Bikini-topped Jeep.)
    Factory cloth seats underneath stay clean and dry.

Neoprene seems like a good cover material, but that depends on your use.
    Dogs, hot/humid weather? No, they'll soak up your sweat and smell like wet dog...even without the dog(s).

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Don't know, but WeatherTech sponsors Laguna Seca now.

6. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I had bartacts in my wrangler, they were incredible. My dog almost always has muddy paws after playing at the park, it never bled through to the factory cloth. I ended up selling them to someone on here when I sold the Jeep. I'm not sure if they have any for the Tundra, but I would look there.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wish I could remember the brand I had in the back seat of the F350. Great for dogs wet or dry. The neoprene are great and give the dogs traction, had those in the last jeep. Never noticed them soaking up sweat or smell but the windows were down 90% of the time.