traxxion forks question ?

Discussion in 'General' started by GSXR123, Jun 30, 2002.

1. GSXR123

GSXR123 expert

I have a '00 GSXR 750 and was wandering:

Does anyone know how much longer a traxxion dynamics fork
    should be over stock length?

My forks are about 26 MM. (or 1inch) longer than stock and that just seems to long to me.:confused:

2. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

3. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

is this on the bike with the ft on the ground? Or just free length? If it is on the bike with the ft on the ground this could be right. new springs and extenders.

4. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

Check the preload as well.

How you been Huff? I haven't been around lately.

5. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Hey when I answered I made a HUGE assumption. That assumption being you were measuring non-loaded forks that were possibly even off the bike.

If your measuerments are with forks on a bike whilst the bike is on the ground... that's a whole new game!

Everything from springs to pre-load to what where you're measuring from come into play.

6. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

been getting bikes ready and working on other stuff too. When are you going to ride again? Road atlanta? hope to seee you and shelli out there.

7. GSXR123

GSXR123 expert

This measurment is from the bike on the rear stand and the front tire on the ground. I have 2 bikes , a 750 & a 600, but my 600
    has 750 (stock) forks so i measured from one to the other.

The reason i ask if that measurment seems right is i'm having more trouble setting up my traxxion susspension than i did with the stock suuspension.

I know my new forks are a whole new ballgame but damn, to
    use all that travel it's like riding a po-go stick:confused: :rolleyes:

8. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

You need Max's suspension book ASAP!

The measurements you have been taken don't matter and have no basis in determining suspension set up.

Did you tell traxxion that the 750 forks were going on a 600? So they could put the proper spring and fluid level in?
    How is the preload set?
    Does it have the extensions that were needed when the forks were on a 750 that was jacked up and the trail was next to nothing?

See what i mean? Too many variables that just overall length need to be taken into account to properly address your concerns.

So as far as that goes dis-regard every post made up until your last one! Hahaha :D

9. GSXR123

GSXR123 expert

HEUY130,
    I think you misunderstood me. My traxxion forks are on my 750, my 600 has stock 750 forks. I measured how much fork tube is showing on each bike and the traxxion tubes are 1inch longer.
    ...that seems like alot of fork travel, but if it's normal can someone let me know?

... P.S. with a penske rear set at 12mm. ride height should i
    still drop the front about 12mm. to get the (closest to stock)
    front end bias? Keep in mind my forks are 26mm. longer than stock.

10. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Yeah I did misunderstand. Sorry.

That's a loaded question. The front is set up with respedct to the rear but I rarely think it's a one for one.

What's it settle out at with you and your gear on it?