1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transponder...

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by JJJerry, Jan 28, 2011.

1. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Can someone point me in the proper direction to pick up a transponder? Are there different brands/models/levels that are acceptable?

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

WERA uses an AMB Tran X 260. WERA sells them new, or you might check the racegear classified section here, but they go really fast. You can also rent them at the track, and part of your rental can go towards the purchase price. They charge either 12 or 120 volt, and usually last all weekend:up:

3. JJJerry

Good info, thanks for the reply.

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Is the AMB Tran X 260 the only model that will work with the WERA sytem?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Okay. Thanks. I thought I had read it somewhere before, but I couldn't find it again.

7. ittayem66

ittayem66 Well-Known Member

How much does wera sell them for and who can we contact

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We sell them for $415 and you can get them at the track (we always have some fully charged) or through the office.

9. exfix

exfix Well-Known Member

Is wera using the new type transponder that you can pin to the retaining bracket?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the old ones work too of course but we're selling the new style.

11. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

I still have one from WSMC in 2003, have to check and see what it is and if it'll work for WERA?

Might need it next year:up:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

From 03? I doubt it, I think they went to AMB after that but check and see what it says on it.

13. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

I think I might be good if it'll hold a charge?

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. JJJerry

Where can I pick up a transponder prior to going to the track? Can I call WERA and order one somehow?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, that's the same one we're still using.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Call with a cc#, paypal to us at [email protected], fax in a cc#. Whatever works for you.

17. foster

foster Well-Known Member

So I bought a used transponder from the classifieds, do I need to pay the $40 to register it with mylaps? If I don't will my results be listed under the last guy who registered it?

18. STEEZO

STEEZO Well-Known Member

I had the same question before my first race this past Sunday. Now I know the answer :D

No, you do not need to pay the $40. When you register the morning of the race, tell them you have you're own transponder and they will ask for the number on it. This number will be linked to your name.

On mylaps.com your name and best times will show up. I believe the $40 allows you to update your mylaps profile and view all your laps, not just the best one.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The $40 on mylaps is to change an old tx registered there over to you. If the original owner will log in and change the pw to something easy, then give that to you I believe you can just use that account and that's it.

Either way none of that has anything to do with WERA and scoring you.