1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade a Trailer for a boat?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nick_OMC, Mar 13, 2024.

?

Trade or no trade?

1. Worth it even for a single summer

25.0%
  2. Run like hell.

75.0%
  1. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

The all knowing collective of pimp's, gentlemen, ladies and ho's....no disrespect.

I have a 2009 6x12 trailer in quite good shape up for sale. I was recently solicited to consider trading a trailer I have little use for outside of some errands for a contraption called a boat, otherwise known as a hole in the water to throw my money into.

The said hole in the water is a 1992 20' Supra Impulse and trailer. This would be a straight trade. Am I as crazy as metalhead and Gorilla George to consider it or would one of you have words of caution.

FWIW, (assuming this thing isn't a calamity), Outside of insurance/registration, I'm not looking at any notable outlay in additional money.

Worth it for even an single summer of boating with the family then sell it off, or run screaming?

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Every one I found seems to be going in the $7000 range. Not sure about your exact trailer, but don't they tend to go for around $4K? If the boat is in decent shape seems like a deal to me. But I'm a boat guy so I can do a variety of work on them. Interesting trade.

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

It could be a decent deal. If you know boats and what to check ok, if not worth having it looked at first for major problems or expensive maintenance/repairs that might be needed.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If it’s a 351 Windsor do it… Those engines are bullet proof of Pleasure craft or Indmar.. Floors should be all glass too so it sounds like a good deal…

5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Yep. that seems a good deal. Especially if its a windsor. I have had a few correct craft and so easy and cheap to buy old mustang parts for it. Solid boats. If it was some Jet boat or something I would have said run...