1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track in Pueblo

Discussion in 'General' started by Roach, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Hey all ...

Anyone know anything about the track in Pueblo, CO? MRA races there, and it's only like 2.5 hours from here ... wanted to know if anyone had been?

- Roach
    (Now in CO)

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Is that Sandia?

If it is try PM'ing Tim Joyce (Phantom309) as I think he raced there with AHRMA.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

sandia is in new mexico. pueblo is in co. i heard it was small but fun. a buddy raced there ad thats all he said. if its that close, i say try it at least once ya got nothing to lose!

4. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

The track there has a couple of issues.
    The surface is a little rough and the final corner opens
    onto the drag strip.
    I believe the MRA uses a section of airfence to protect you from the outside wall there. You still have to contend with the surface changes ie concrete launch pad, bump for christmas tree lights & extra rubber.
    If you can get over the final turn I believe most riders enjoy the track.
    There is also extensive off road trails there too outside the road race area.
    Yes Phantom309 can elaborate along with Springsteen and Cobb.

5. Filo

Filo Member

Pueblo is a fun track, but as has been said, it is aging. It is about 2.2 miles, 10 or 11 turns (depending on how you count - 10 officially) with a 4000' straight. As others have said, turn 10 (the last before the straight) comes onto the drag strip launch pad and is very slick. I do not like turn 10. On the plus side, you have 4000' to get a good drive :) . The tarmac is in OK shape, but it could use a resurface. Turn 1 you can take at about 100mph if you have the guts. There is a little bit of elevation change in the 3-4-5 area. Turn 7 is a tight button hook that takes a little skill to get through. Runoff is pretty good for a local track, but could be better in areas (and is no worse than Road America). The pits are large but somewhat crude. There is a toilet and a little grill area, but most of the time the grill isn't running. There is even a little play area for the kids. But - no garages, no services, no electric, etc. Pueblo was my favorite track until I rode at Miller. Pueblo is a fun, fast track that is by far the best in the area (my opinion).

The off road sections have been really cut back as of March due to improper use (in my opinion). You can get more info on their website: http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.com

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical