1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tonneau covers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Oct 4, 2017.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You can in a van. Get some quality stalking time in, too. :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So the KTM pic isn't your truck?

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

My bike, my truck, 6'-4" bed. That ktm is not a small bike.
    The only bed option with the 2500/ 3500 Megacab is the 6'-4" bed. With the regular crew cab you can get the 8' bed.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, dunno why but thought the mega was like 5'. Looking at it though the KTM sits back like my DRZ and Hyper did with a roll up cover and I've got a 1500 with the same bed.

5. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Here's with the z125 on the hitch carrier, it's like 1/4 of the ktm :D

20160906_154746_resized.jpg

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The cab is what throws me off - the mega is like 1.5 of the regular crew :D

7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

If I could stretch it with a 8' bed without my wife finding out about it I probably would.

8. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

9. glass

glass Well-Known Member

IMG_1752.JPG

This ones good looking

Razr likes this.
  10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I guess when I think of a tonneau cover I think of the full fiberglass covers that are stupid... I figured the roll up rubber/plastic/leather/whatever ones were called something else...

11. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yeah definitely no on those stupid fiberglass ones.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

just bought a truxedo lo-pro for the new truck. had one on my 2009, still looked like new when I sold the old truck. easy install. ski

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Dad had the trifold hard top ones for the last 8 years, finally said screw it on a work truck and bought a cheap rollup one, he likes it better than the 800$ trifold ones, go figure..

14. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Closer to 1k, but fold a cover is awesome. Hard trifold, locks. Pretty much waterproof. Comes off with 4 bolts to haul dirtbikes, which i do every weekend.

15. Scotty87

That's the one I want. Was hoping to find one for less than $500 tho.

16. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

I also had the Truxedo LoPro on a 6'4" 1500 I just traded in on a 2500 with an 8'. I will be getting another LoPro for the 8', it was great and way better than tri-folds I've had. And all for "free"on Cabelas points.

17. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

18. Scotty87

Hot damn, that might be the ticket!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sublet has one like that, loves it.

20. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TruXedo-Lo-Pro-QT-Roll-Up-Tonneau-Cover-14-18-Chevy-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-66-Bed/112581662942?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

not 500 bux.... 399, shipped no tax. quick shipping, had it in 48 hours. only a bit more than the one you said might be the ticket, above.

the big selling feature for me on the lo-pro is, the tonneau does not sit on the bed rails. it fits between the rails, flush mount. I hate the look of the models with the tonneau rails sitting on the bed rails of the truck but, to each his own. good luck post what you bought, when you get it. lovin the new duramax. Ski

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017