1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To PM prices or not to PM..that's the question

Discussion in 'General' started by tazrider, Mar 30, 2010.

1. tazrider

tazrider Greenwood Racing Wera 71

I was looking thru treads , shopping as a lot of us do and I saw where a lot op people/dealers ask to PM for price. I was wondering why this "price" is not something that can be displayed for "tire kickers" or comparison shoppers. I'm not one that likes to barter a price. If that's what you want to sell it for then that's what you want and I respect that....just list the price and if I can't afford it , I'll move on......not to say I haven't bargained before, but it makes me wonder why we are in this PM merry-go-round.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because in a lot of cases, you can not advertise a price that is below MSRP.

3. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

What Dave K said. Alot of manufacturers have what is called MAP guidelines which is Minimum Advertised Price. This is taken very seriously and can cause shops/stores to lose carrying that manufacturers product line. Its really established to keep the value of the product and so that everyone makes money.

4. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

:stupid:

5. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

For regular joes, I think its so you don't start a bidding war, IE, I say I have x rotor for $100, the next guy posts, I'll sell it for $80, and so on.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Many MAP policies now cover E-Mail and PM's as well. If you get caught your F'ed. Then again theres companies like GoPro who selectivly ban Dealers for MAP violations and let others whore their product out for pennies even though they know whats going on. Guess it's all about who ya blow.

7. royalgixxer

royalgixxer The Bodywork Guy

You got it. Map pricing for sure. I had some stuff for sale hear that I had bought from a store that went out of business. I am a dealer but not for those particular products that I was selling. Posted up prices just to make some quick profit and help the wera guys out and not even an hour later got a phone call from the company busting my balls about the prices. Not much they could do since I wasn't a dealer for them but they are strict as hell. They said they would let me slide since I got them the way I did:D