1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip sensor/bank angle sensor removal?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by lfg929, Jan 7, 2006.

1. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

So I got the new wiring harness on the '01 GSXR750 and it didn't want to start, was flashing the FI light. I found what I thought was the tip sensor, plugged it in, and it fired right up. But when I put the bike together a couple of years ago with a friend who had a salvage yard I am pretty sure we left the tip sensor off and my buddy programmed the ECU to ignore that circuit. At least that is what I think I remember...

So, am I smoking crack or do people actually remove the tip sensor and run without it? Any recommendations regarding whether or not I should run it if it is possible to remove it?

If I run it then I will have to zip tie it to the bike since I don't have the little rubber boot that goes around it so it can be secured to the battery tray. You think that would causing any issues at all (I am thinking vibration and such maybe setting off the circuit or something since it won't be padded by rubber any longer)?

Thanks for the replies!

2. wrecklessfool

wrecklessfool I am my bike's bitch...

the tip sensor is one thing you should consider, if at all possible, leaving on the bike. clack, clack, clack is the worst sound to hear when the bike is laying on it's side and the motor is still running without oil circulation. Just my $.02

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

On my last 3 gixxers, I just filled the sensor with 100% silicone..and yep I crashed em, and the motor always shut off...for some reason..:D