1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to tackle WERA?

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Oct 13, 2011.

1. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Getting boring out west here..haha..just kidding. Actually did a lot of WERA back in the day with Jake Holden and John Dugan (last time we were at the GNF we swept up...thou i think your guys talent pool is a LOT deeper now)

I just wish Mongo would come back out this way more but understand the logistics.

We had our best year and even a few guys tackle the WERA west select rounds like Jacob Brown and others. (most the dates conflicted) Really hoping to get some more WERA guys repping us, so if your interested check out our results and shot us an email (sorry i NEVER check pm's) its a lot of work supporting so many riders and building so many engines every season but its all we know how to do.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=46345

Again I wanted to thank EVERYONE that chose EDR Performance for the 2011 race season, it was our biggest and best yet! While the owners (ahem me) online personality/sarcasm/etc can be way off target/missed at times :rofl we pride ourselves in that our results show a lot of racers were happy with our work and to me in the end our reputation for our WORK (not my personality) is what matters and drives me to push myself and my crew to be the best, period!

Also huge thanks to all on all you guys on this (IMO) best MC/RR forum out there for another great season of smack talk, bs'ing, tech info and just generally great times. Really hoping to do more with you boys back east on track for 2012.

Thanks! (COME WEST MONGO!)

ERIC DORN

2. ed who?

flame suit on..ive learned this on here over the years..can't keep em all happy...plus i open myself up for it at times too. (insert personal joke/jab from Hooper here) :)

Cheers..

3. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

Maybe you should just come east. All the years racing in the northwest was fun but there is way more here . Wow you said John Dugan... You see him at all. I spoke with the Tom and Brenda not to long ago. Seems they are doing very well.

Over all tho ya its alot different out here. Get ahold of me off line some time . We should catch up.

4. ed who?

Yep Dugan was just here last week..believe it or not we're building him a GSXR750 to "come back" lol..he had a bad car accident (got hit by a drunk postal worker!) then started family, etc... I see Tom and Brenda often too (Tom Wertman raced a 1000 with us and was our driver to the WERA GNF that year..some back in 2003-2004 will recall his HUGE Kodiak truck) Tom still has over 50 rare bikes (the NW bocarp)

:beer:

5. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

welcome to stop in Texas on your way east if you ever head out

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Just curious for the sake of conversation...was the postal worker actually working at the time??? Just wondered...

7. ed who?

i cant (dont know all) go into details BUT i "heard" that yes, blew a .10 at 11am on a week day...ran red light..t-boned him. Plus he started a family, expanded his business so yeah racing got put on hold. His back is still not 100%. Really sad cause he was on top of his game when it happened. We won A LOT of races together. Some riders you REALLY click with. Dugan was one for me for sure.

8. ed who?

Thanks Brandon! Might take you up on that :up: great seeing ya at NJMP AMA this season!

9. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

[QUOTE Really sad cause he was on top of his game when it happened. We won A LOT of races together. Some riders you REALLY click with. Dugan was one for me for sure.[/QUOTE]

I liked the fact that dude could crash so hard and wade up so much shit but never get hurt and the next round the bikes looked good. I all ways had respect for his effort.
    That and we allways felt sorry for you .... Thats why i liked working with Schwen. didnt crash or kill the bikes. Well till this year any way.....:beer: Tom on the other hand . I think i painted around 30 sets of bodywork in a two seasons for him...... Good times for sure tho. Glad i never have to spray that floresent orange again.:D