1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This weather sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeffro510, Dec 30, 2000.

1. Jeffro510

Jeffro510 Hand bra for hire!!!!

I think that I can speak for just about everyone in WERAland (except for the lucky few on the left coast) right now by saying that "This weather sucks!!!!" It is -10 degrees in Birmingham, AL right now with the wind chill factor. I moved down here to get away from this crap. It is warmer right now in parts of Alaska than it is here. Man I hope we get a warm front before TGPR in Feb. At least back up in the 40's!!!! I always wanted to try ice racing anyway

2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Jeff, is it snowing?

The answering machine at my house still picks up, so I still must power at home. I just hope my pipes don't freeze while I am away.

3. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Power isn't the problem, its the cold. Got down to 14 degrees F last night here in Atlanta. Not due to change in 5 days, either. The northeast is recording record cold and snowfall. Ireland is reporting a high of 7 degrees F and the deepest snowfall in 50 years.

So much for the global warming hysteria, eh libs...

4. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I realized around midnight that if I didn't dig out my car from under those 2 feet of snow right now before it all freezes, it would likely have to remain there for a week. Been fun shoveling for an hour at this time of the night...

5. AnthonyDuc

AnthonyDuc Well-Known Member

Think we should invest in a set of tire warmers. [​IMG] There're now saying that 2001 is when the computers are going to crash.At the DEC 31 2000 at 12:01am we should turn all of our computers off so that these people that keep building this up will finally give it a rest.I own dixie sports plus & sell artic cat generaters and would like to sell every one that I have.But for some reason I just don't beleive in all this 2001 com.crash,power outage,no phone stuff. HOPE YOUR PIPES DO OK [​IMG]

6. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

And the neighbors didn't call the police?

7. Tracee Polcin

You know it's getting bad when you are thinking 40 deg. F. ain't that cold. [​IMG]

8. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

No one called the police when thieve took my R1 out of the same area in 99 (it must have taken them a while, the bike was pretty secure), so I was sure no one would notice me stading on the roof of the car in freezing weather at midnight.

9. Tracee Polcin

I think you need some better neighbors or maybe they stole the R1. I'm sure they were happy that you didn't have that damn motorcycle around anymore waking them up early in the mornings by loud pipes. [​IMG]

10. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

That thing was strictly standard. If they stole it for the noise, they stole the wrong one. It was the GSXR that had the race pipe on it! [​IMG]

11. Jeffro510

Did anyone see the Independance Bowl? It was in Shreveport,Louisiana and they had a white out. Pretty wild stuff. We only got a few inches of snow, but since they don't have any way of clearing the roads, they just shut them down. What a joke!!!!

12. Tracee Polcin

Well that's what your problem was, you didn't put the sign on that one!!!! [​IMG]

13. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

No kidding!! I did hear on the news last night that Georgia had the coldest December in 60 years. I truly believe that!!!

14. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

oh shut up, you wimps. [​IMG]

15. Jeffro510

I used to live in Pittsburgh, so I'm used to this weather, but I'm not in Pittsburgh anymore. It's not supposed to be like this here in Bama...

16. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I guess you got a point there.

17. wera122

wera122 Guest

Did you notice where he lives from his post? The cops won't even take you seriously there unless they hear gunshots in the background on the phone. [​IMG]

18. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

80 degrees F today. Sunny. Warm. And crowded.

JU

19. Tracee Polcin

Hey JU [​IMG] don't tell us how nice you have it in Cali.

20. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

Well, yes, there are the gangs, shootings, homeless people, meth labs, car jackings. No one would want to live here. Especially decent people who participate in the WERA BBS, like you.

For the love of God and your own safety, stay away. Stay away! Stay away!

JU