1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TheDraik77 2014 race season

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by r6boater, Mar 19, 2014.

1. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Draik Beauchamp
    Barber GNF
    10/24-25-26/14

Friday:
    My first race of the weekend was the final ESS race of the year. I had the best battle that I have had all year in this race; we were going back and forth the whole race. I tried my best to get on the podium but could not make the pass stick. I ended up forth in the national championship and set my best ever lap time on the 250 with a 1:48.267.

Saturday:
    This was the last DSS race for the year. I have won the Southeast Region Championship and was hoping to get a national championship. I tried to stick with the bigger bikes (CBR 500 and Ducati 750) but could not keep up, I finished 3rd in the championship/race. I was also testing a set of Dunlop tires that I have never raced on before and still got 3rd and achieved a 1:49.357. After the race, there was a mandatory tear-down; my bike of course, was found legal. Afterwards, we had to hurry to put the bike back together for the buyer of the bike. I wish him the best of luck with the bike and hope he gets great results.

Sunday:
    This was the first time I had ever races on a SV 650. I had only one practice I had on the SV was not the greatest; it was cold, overcast, and only got four laps in and achieved a 1:46.8. In my first race on the SV, was the LWT Twins Superstock, I got a good start and was working through traffic. I LOVE the SV; it is faster and a lot more fun. I was battling some novices and experts and having a blast. I set a lap time of 1:41.298. My next race is the Formula 2, this time I had a better start and was having a blast. I was battling and passing traffic, at the beginning I was passed by some novices, I ran my race and passed experts and was not beat by any novices. I experienced something I have never experienced in my life. I was sliding the rear under power and lifting the front tire off the ground. I set a 1:39.936 that race. It was the most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle in my life.

I would like to thank all of my sponsors and supporters for this year. Thank you sponsors for your time and resources!

Apex Manufacturing
    Amish Racing
    Ballistic Performance Components
    Cycle Gear
    Daugherty Motorsports
    Impact Safe-T Armor
    Jason DiSalvo Speed Academy
    LionHeart Moto
    Nitek
    Racer Café
    Red Fox Racing
    SaferMoto.com
    Sling Shot Racing
    Somethin’ Extra Cycles
    Sportbikes4Hire.com
    Sportbike Supercoat
    Sportbike Track Time
    The Hub of WNC LLC
    Two Wheel Vinyl
    US 129 Photos
    Vape FX
    Podium Motorsports Pirelli

As I look forward to the 2015 season, I hope to race in the MotoAmerica spec class if it comes to fruition. Regardless, I will race my SV 650 with WERA, and will be striving for more podiums and for an even better season than this year’s.

Very Respectfully,
    Draik Beauchamp

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Awesome Job Guys!!!!!!!

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'm thinking we'll be seeing more of this kid in the future.;)

Hat's off Draik, you done good. (you too pops):clap:

4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Thanks guys!