1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Trackday Snack?

Discussion in 'General' started by Prospect, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Full disclosure: I helped my brother launch this business because I fully believe in the concept.

Being a health nut, I always tried new offerings from all the usual health brands like Larabar, RXBar, ClifBar, MADEGOOD just because the majority of the ingredients are healthy and I don't have to deal with ingesting crap ingredients that I don't even know how to pronounce. The only issue is, I never found a product that made me want to keep coming back. Taste/texture wise, not a single one of the products from these health brands in general nailed both, so my brother and his wife started experimenting and finally had some samples for me to try and my jaw literally and metaphorically dropped when I tried them out. They really are something else.

I have never been a fan of having heavy food at the track, I just wanted a continuous flow of energy (with protein) without the mess or inconvenience of having to deal with cooked food. I will wholeheartedly admit that regardless of who made these products, I would support them 100% because I really think that these snacks are the best thing you would want to eat at the track (or on-the-go) if you like sweet things, desserts and/or have a sweet tooth.

In a nutshell: good amount of carbs and protein (low GI), 90% healthy/wholesome ingredients, resealable pouch, decent variety of flavours. Vegan/Keto options.

I would love to get feedback from the beeb once they try any of their products and would be eternally grateful to everyone supporting this project. I have seen the challenges my brother and his wife had to endure to make this vision a reality and they just launched the website but struggling on the promotional front so I figured the least I can do is to spread the word. They are currently running a 20% off promo for their launch.

Here are the links:
    SHOP: www.biopeaknutrition.ca (Ships globally via national postal service)
    INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/biopeaknutrition
    FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/biopeaknutrition
    INDIEGOGO: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/snacking-2-0#/

Appreciate you taking the time to read this!

@Gorilla George - Should I put you down for 10 of each???

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I thought it was a cute brolly girl.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Ultimate snack/meal is still PB&J :D get carbs from bread and p'nut butter, get protein from the p'nut butter, get a quick energy hit from the jelly and bonus - eat a banana afterward and get potassium!

Good luck to your brother!

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Stripper glitter.

*end thread

Trainwreck likes this.
  5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Low GI impact and protein don't really go together though?

Quick absorbing carbs will give you the biggest boost, add some fiber foods if your gut isn't trained enough to handle it.

Rance Taylor and Prospect like this.
  6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Does it taste like chicken?

Prospect likes this.
  7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

sushi FTW! carbs, protein, light, does not give you bloat. Ski

418 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

My honest regimen is usually a McDonalds breakfast with Diet Coke, whatever cheeseburger is closest for lunch with Diet Coke, and a bunch of Coors Light starting before the leathers come off. To each their own.

5axis, 23103a, ToofPic and 8 others like this.
  9. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A and white claws

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cocaine? I think you mean cocaine because that’s what my strippers are covered in. Well cocaine and lack of self respect. But you can’t sniff lack of self respect so…..cocaine for the win.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I like Kind bars, taste good, and somewhat healthy. A quick meal replacement on the go.

12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Now I have to east a kind bar, before I go to bed...

Razr likes this.
  13. Lawd hammercy :crackup:

Prospect and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  14. Well since you asked for feedback...

The list of ingredients looks fairly good. I know the Sodium Bicarbonate is necessary for cooking, but it is actually a good addition. It can help with lactic acid build-up (muscle soreness).

As far as constructive criticism, I would personally like to see more carbs. In a snack that is supposed to be utilized for activity, fuel for energy is important.

When I want something to keep me going during an activity, I am not looking for something Keto, sugar free, etc. In a snack such as this, I would look for 30g of carbs per serving, with ~20g of those being Complex Carbs. Perhaps a little more Potassium would be good, but that isn't a "deal breaker".

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you dont need the bread... plenty of carbs in peanut butter by itself... delete the jelly or jam & get some blackberries

Prospect likes this.
  16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Pork Pie.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Cocaine has all the energy you need. Its a "Super Food". But if an extra energy hit is needed, we can add a little time release meth. We do that by encapsulating it in rib fat. If you get the timing right just as the cocaine is wearing off the rib fat is digested and the meth enters the party. Its Science!!

tl1098, Gorilla George, HPPT and 2 others like this.
  18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

ChemGuy and 10-15 like this.
  19. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I used to eat 2 PB&J's and a glass of milk two hours before every hockey game that I ever played. I agree with everything you said. But at the track, I get a track dog from the concession stands. The longer it's been on the rollers, the better. Bonus is that you burp hot dog in your helmet for the rest of the day:D