The RidersDiscount.com Triumph Daytona 675

Discussion in 'General' started by Riders Discount, May 18, 2010.

1. See post #59.

I was following up the conversation with JD regarding 675's in general.

IMO you can NEVER go wrong with lighter wheels, especially on a bike like RD's where obviously a budget isnt in the equation.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I interpreted this as meaning that the budget was a consideration ...

However, I've been wrong before.

I'm saying that, on this particular motorcycle, the benefits of the adjustable triple will outweigh (no pun intended) the benefits of the lighter wheels as far as performance is concerned.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The OEM wheels for the 2009+ 675's weigh a ton when compared to what the Japanese 600's are using.

4. metricdevilmoto

Interesting. So the wheels got heavier? The 08 wheels weren't that much heavier than the Marvics.

5. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

The 09 wheels were actually lighter then the 08. When we put them on the scale they were 6 lbs heavier then a set of stock GSXR wheels we had.

I will post up the actual weight savings of the 10 spoke Magnesium Marchesini's and also the BST's that we have on order.

6. Riders Discount

Taylor's set up is much different then any other racer we have worked with, and we are very confident that the stock triples will work just fine for him. If that turns out to not be the case we will put a set of adjustables on the bike.

7. metricdevilmoto

Good info. Maybe it was just the Marvics that were heavy in comparison. We only compared the OEM wheels to the Marvics we ordered, not anything else. The weight savings was minimal. I'm guessing that the mag Marchesini wheels are a good bit lighter then.

8. metricdevilmoto

I'm definitely not saying the bike can't be ridden fast without them. Far from it. I'm very interested in seeing what Knapp does on the bike. Best of luck to you guys.

9. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

The bike looks great and you have all done a great job. One thing, however, sticks out as being an issue and that is the battery box. The mounting looked weak and it will break loose on track disconnecting the battery and ending your race. It could also get tangled up in your wheel or go bouncing down the track for someone else to hit. An extra bracket and screw to hold it from the bottom would be time well spent.

Excellent looking bike and can't wait to see it in action.

10. Riders Discount

You are looking at the mock up pictures. The final box and all three mounting points are VERY sturdy. Do not forget the battery weighs a total of 1.1 lbs and not 6.9 lbs like the original.

11. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Ah, ok I was wondering if it was just a mock up. Nice job.

12. ryanb

ryanb Hail Satan

DO WANT.

Stunning bike, nice job!

13. Frenchier6

Frenchier6 I'm just being me

That's one HOT machine :up:

14. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Any chance of posting the final price of the bike and parts? I'm going to guess around $20,000.

Being that you're already in Superbike category, why not swap out the forks for some trick Ohlins or Bitubos?

Didn't notice, but did you go with the singarm inserts on this bike?

15. Erz

Erz Well-Known Member

Please post up pics of the bike when you have those wheels on also. :D

16. metricdevilmoto

Just for the sake of hating money? 25 mils with the SBK valving is all the front end that motorcycle needs.

17. darkside879

darkside879 Well-Known Member

:up::up::up::up: Very pimp bike!!!

18. Riders Discount

We decided not to add all the invoices on this one.

19. Im thinking more like $28-30k

20. ...for sanity reasons. :D