The Porsche Tax

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Sep 12, 2023.

1. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

lol

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I count 7 - 10mm sockets. You rich prick 1%. :D

Boman Forklift and auminer like this.
  3. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

There used to be 8.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Dude. I actually HAVE seen your house! :bow:

:beer:

BigBird likes this.
  5. Venom51

I've only got 4 of them. I feel like I need to go out and better my position. Second job here I come. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. I actually really enjoy driving the pickup, loved driving the jeeps too, just a different feel to them.

7. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

:stupid: So I stumbled onto this story about a guy buying a salvaged F 360 in my boredom the other day. I get it, he thought he was stealing this one but what he actually got was a nightmare of a Ferrari. Watching the entire series had me wondering why anyone would buy a used Italian car.

Look up "my Ferrari cost me everything" on youtube.

Riding high in a Chevy Silverado since 99

8. Mike Fennell

Mike Fennell Never Was

There's certainly no rational reason to buy one but I bought mine because it's ridiculous fun. That's it. I joke about the build quality but the engine is a jewel. 8500rpm redline but it pulls (gently) from idle, revs like they forgot the flywheel, and my exhaust sounds insane. 400hp/3.6l in 1999 was legit and they run to 100k miles if you take care of them.

I sent a C6 Z06-owning buddy out in it one day. His Corvette was a beast and objectively better in every single measurable way. He came back just lit up. "JFC, that thing is awesome". I'm told others buy them because they have little pee pees. Those guys buy new ones though.

I couldn't find the series but YT is filled with breathless videos like that. Yeah, buying poorly and not knowing which end of a wrench is which can cost but think of the sweet, sweet YT income rewarding your poor decisions! OTOH, there's a guy in the UK, 'Ratarossa', who has made a YT career out of messing with various sad Ferraris and does a pretty good job of getting by w/o spending lots of cash. Personally, last year I probably could have sold mine and come out even on every dollar I ever spent after 13 years of ownership. Free Ferrari!

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I put a Capristo in my Stradale and perm disabled that valve to bypass the cat. JEEZUS that thing sounded amazing at red line!

R1Racer99, Mike Fennell and BigBird like this.
  10. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Same exact car. Amazing.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

at least they were consistent

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I remember thinking when I first read that a few years ago, man the Germans sure know how to screw us.

13. Venom51

The downside of taking a mechanism developed for lap times and trying to apply it to a road car.

14. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

But this F 360 must have been built on Friday and every person who drove it must have neglected the routine maintenance. Once he put it back together with new cam belts it started spewing oil from the rear main:crackup:

Then he overheated it due to a stuck thermostat. I mean c'mon...the thing was green but the thing must have lemon yellow under that F paint.