1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Occupy movement are not hippies they are you

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cMac, Oct 11, 2011.

1. cMac

cMac Conservatively Libral

Its funny that the Tea party was referred to as law abiding citizens, but the occupy protesters are referred to as violent mobs and hippies. Here's a pic of one. I guess he should get off his lazy ass and go find a job.

Attached Files:

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Looks like he should have learned the first time.

3. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

What about all the boom times that he was getting fat off the taxpayers guaranteeing home loans causing the housing bubble? One sided look at things.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Given the actions of the majority involved so far, I'd say he's not amongst them. I'm also not part of the richest 1%, yet I'm not out there marching and protesting. I'm at work, earning a living and providing for myself and my family.

I would love to know how the mortgage crisis cost him his wife. I'm always entertained by those statements ... it cost me my family. How so exactly? Do poor finances put stress on a marriage? Absolutely. If that's the breaking point, there were other issues in the first place. But let's not let that get int he way of blaming someone/something else. Now *that's* the American way.

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Well said.

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

7. metricdevilmoto

Cripes. Suck it up. No one owes you anything. Apparently, his $87,000 didn't buy him anything because he hasn't figured out that he's not too good to clean toilets. And by his own admission, he's making ends meet. Get to work, whiner.

This American Dream everyone thinks they are entailed to requires lots and lots of work. So while they're making cute little internet signs, other people are at work making it happen.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Hold up ... a "Printer Repairman" with $87k in student loans. Holy mother of crap!! They made him buy his own printers to learn on or what? That hardly seems fair. ANARCHY!!!!

9. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

How is he unemployed if he has a job cleaning bathrooms?

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

He dropped out of the Underwater Basket Weaving PhD program to pursue his dreams of huffing toner dust. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$87K plus to learn to repair printers? Should have gotten a business degree, then he'd be on the other end.

12. metricdevilmoto

No. He should be cleaning toilets. And he is. Looks like everything worked out just fine.

13. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Jees. Irony is just wasted on some people.

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nothing wrong with cleaning shitters if that's what you do. Just like there's nothing wrong with shoveling shit, digging ditches, painting houses, mowing lawns or flippin' burgers. Just like if you have the skills, nothing wrong with selling stocks, carving up brains or any white collar job.

Shit nuggets who think they are above any job don't deserve any job.

16. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

All those jobs are cleaner and more noble than mine. I literally coerce people 10 hours a day. And I dont piss and moan about it and I dont fret because the CEO, who plays an enormous amount of golf, makes 5 times as much as me in the trenches. He earned it by risking everything he had to start the company. I am very lucky that he lets me sell his hard work and gives me 10-14% of the fee. I thank him, myself, and the Spaghetti Monster every day.

17. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Some people deal in emotions, some people deal in facts. The truth is, most of these sob stories have nothing to do with anything except personal choice. Its like the story i saw on the news the other night about a family that was packing their belongings after being foreclosed on for non payment. Seems sad enough on the surface, but then you hear people whining about how this property had been in the family for 70 years and they couldnt believe the evil bank was taking it from them. My wife and mother in law fell right in to the emotion of the story. I let them wallow in the pity for a few minutes and asked them the question that obviously the MSM was not going to ask the homeowner. Why was their a lien on property that had been in the family for 70 years. Now this is just a guess, but i would say like millions of their fellow Americans, they used their properties equity as an income supplement to live over their head for the last 10-15 years. You see it everywhere, home equity for the new BMW, the new boat, the European vacation, paying off tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt racked up by living outside their means. Since the bank allowed them to be stupid and greedy, its the banks fault. To add insult to injury, the bank offered them money to clean up the property instead of having to hire outside labor to get the pig sty into saleable condition. They took the money to clean up their own mess, but boy was the bank heartless for even offering to do so. Personal choices folks, You make them, you live with them. Quit blaming other people for your failings. 9 times out of 10. it has nothing to do with luck.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What? You thank/value your employer? He's obviously got you brainwashed. You should be protesting his a$$ for being successful and not giving more of it to you. :Poke:

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Judge Smails: "The world needs ditch diggers too......"

20. earacing

earacing Race Dad

First of all, how is he the 99% if he is out of work? Wouldn't that make him part of the 9.1%?

Secondly, how do you spend $87,000 learning to repair printers, and what makes you think you could make any decent money if that's all you know how to do?