1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Honda AMA SBK team announced yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by ed who?, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

:stupid:

2. alan

alan Well-Known Member

Every manufacturer does this. It is not limited to Honda.

3. alan

alan Well-Known Member

I put 3000 track miles on mine and had the same experience as you.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

All do it to some extent, Honda is infamous for it.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm no Honda fan boy, but they won the 2012 MotoGP team and manufacturer championships.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh boy! That's just nifty neato. :D

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you think that's not important to them, you need to start paying attention to racing again. It ain't all about fashion. :D

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep, 15~20k on all of mine. But then they're good for a 100k or more.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't think it's a joke, think it's a hey look at me I knew before you did bit of ego stroking...

11. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

And that's another big part of why the CPS issue was so frustrating; there were some bikes that never once had the issue. I remember having this conversation with Tim B. @ Summit who said his had never failed. But talk to Davie Stone and he'll tell you about the multiple failures he had in a single weekend.

I don't know what the manufacturing tolerance differences were between units that caused some to be prone to the issue and others not; I do know I spent months trying to sort it out, and even dropped big dollars on the HRC kit sensor which ultimately didn't plug into the stock harness (and contrary to what I was told before I bought it).

I'll simply say this; I'd invested some serious coin towards a full-on CBR1K program that I intended to run for at least three seasons. This included two bikes (bought back when honda was having their fire sale) and all the fixin's and spares to carry on.

I ended up dumping the whole thing after a single season because I was scared to death waiting for the next time the bike would shut down mid-race.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

No more so than BMW.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Now it's turned to a "you're a nobody in the industry if you don't know" thread.

I love this place :D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pol Espargaro is sponsored by Tag Heuer. :D

When the racing gets better in motogp, I'll go back to watching it.

Oh, should I send you photos of the purse I bought Sam? It's smashing! :D

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Back in the `70's, the quote was:
    "Honda enters, Honda wins. Honda loses, Honda leaves."

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course it's important - to them... But not to anyone else :D

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

So who/what/where is the AMA Honder team?

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There are a lot more "anyone else" not involved in racing that there are club racers. If they put "World Champion" decals on your Ducati, it's probably because somebody did some marketing research and determined that it matters to the average buyer.

Formula One and World Rally Championship teams would gladly trade a driver's championship for a constructors championship. I'm not sure why that should be different for motorcycles.

19. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

aparently most of those that do know are'nt saying until after an official press release out of professional courtesy/disctretion .

then you have braggart , attention whore , know it all , betcha i know something you don't about something that really does'nt even concern either of us , like well , you know (ed) who

20. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that :D