1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Gun Question

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by (diet)DrThunder, Jun 9, 2008.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I am aware that this is not an example of responsible gun stewardship, so save the "she's an idiot, that doesn't count" bs. I wanted to post this link because it is a perfect example that supports my position on whether or not it's a good idea to carry a gun. I believe that it is more likely that carrying a gun will be harrmful in some way, than it is to be helpful...that includes losing it, it being stolen, accidents, use when not neccessary, etc.

How many times has grandma used this gun for a positive effect, and did those times make up for this?

To restate my position...I'm not sure what type of laws there should or shouldn't be, but I believe that it is a bad idea to carry a gun for 99.99% or all people.

2. sdg

sdg *

bad, bad juju...she should be charged with child endangerment or some such...

How about the first requirement be that you are: "not a moron"

3. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

Carrying a gun is not something that should be taken lightly. You are right in that the chances are....

I do suport carrying and see it as useful. When you take them away from law abiding people it is the non-law abiding that are still packing.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288

4. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Could have been a knife, pitbull or car in the street or another kid imitating WWE.

Ban them too?

Something tells me she wasn't a good gun owner or grandmother right? Had to be one in the chamber? hmm

You can't fix stupid.

5. 636636

636636 Banned

But Stupid can END YOUR LIFE or your loved ones:(

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

i'm sorry to rebuke your thread ddt but, i don't know what prompted your comment - "I believe that it is more likely that carrying a gun will be harrmful(sic) in some way, than it is to be helpful...that includes losing it, it being stolen, accidents, use when not neccessary, etc."

did you see the video? if not, you're speculating...as i will to comment.;)

grandma, age 47, is appears to be a moron. morons, unfortunately, comprise a good percentage of the population. however, if, as you believe, 99.99% of the populace shouldn't carry, then i make up part of the statistically insignificant .01%.

i don't start my car and let it do the driving. i don't carry outside my person a weapon that isn't at least on "safe".

did this child know how to drive? did grandma think the child couldn't start a car?
    don't we hide things like keys from those that shouldn't have access to them?

like a legally concealed weapon...no one should have access without your knowledge.

my carry weapon cost big bucks...i know where it is 100% of the time but, alas, she's a moron and i'm statistically insignificant.

rest assured, if it comes down to it, everyone present will know i have it and the "hit" will be statistically insignificant as well. (but you can thank the media for never hearing about it...a legal shot).

kinda the beauty of not fittin' in...no one knows what to expect from ya so, they avoid ya.

suits me just fine. keeps me from wastin' ammo. :D

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

8. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have the feeling this is the same kind of grandma that would leave the kid locked in a car during the summer and things of that sort. Her endangering the kid has nothing to do with the gun.

10. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Smart does too. Life is terminal.

11. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

So damn true!

But don't tell the gun haters that.

12. flounder

flounder Bi-Polar Genius

Sad situation but obviously grandma was not paying attention and therefore accidents happen.. The girl just as easily could have cut herself from a set of grandma's tweezers, swallowed anything small from the purse, taken grannys meds, etc.. Once again a pointless topic on the CCW law. I understand your opinions but if you think of all the other things the girl/grandma could have done and the things that happen everyday then hopefully you will see my point. People exacerbate anything gun related.

and +1 to what Mongo said

13. (diet)DrThunder

You aren't reading carefully. I specifically said that I was not commenting on gun control. I simply said that IMO it is a bad idea for the vast majority of people to carry a gun, because the chance of a negative coming out of it far outweighs the chance of a positive.

14. (diet)DrThunder

All true...except for the small detail where the 4 year old took a round to the chest.

No debate here re: the lady is a moron of the highest caliber :)))...my only point here is that accidents happen, and the chance of an accident, or any number of other potential mishaps with dire consequences far exceeds the chance of a positive impact of a gun on a situation.

For the record, I don't think that it should be illegal to carry...I just think it's a bad idea. Unlike many liberals, I don't feel that every bad idea needs legislation.

15. (diet)DrThunder

Please read again. This is not a topic about any law of any kind.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do you value culling the gene pool?

17. (diet)DrThunder

Are you volunteering?

18. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

99.99% or all people shouldn't carry a gun. Maybe 99.99% or all people shouldn't own sportbikes. They seem to be killing themselves left and right on those things. More so than 4 year olds shooting themselves.

Dumb-asses will find away to kill themselves and others no matter what is outlawed.

I will concur that gun ownership is not for everyone. But, neither is vehicle ownership. Now what shall we ban first? And where will the bans end?

19. flounder

flounder Bi-Polar Genius

I read it correctly the first time. The article you posted mentioned that granny had her CCW permit thus my mentioning of the CCW law. I then stated that I understand your "opinion" which is what this post is about according to you, your opinions..

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:D I will be making no further contributions, but if you feel threatened go ahead.