1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Gun bug

Discussion in 'General' started by greenguy, May 12, 2010.

1. greenguy

greenguy Well-Known Member

I got bit. I posted on here a while ago that I was looking for a shotgun for HD. I picked up an 870 express tactical. About 3 weeks later I pick up a Marlin 795 .22. Then a month later I pick up an XD40 service.

It seems like whenever I get into something I go all out. I think I have a problem. Can anyone else sympathize?

2. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I haven't busted a cap in almost 14 months, yet I still drool over the gun magazines, and spend hours in the gun shop, looking at all kinds of stuff that I have absolutely no earthly reason to own. Still want it, though.

3. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

I think the gun bug is pretty universal for everyone.

4. 1qwik6?

1qwik6? Well-Known Member

Yet another addicting/expensive hobby. I been thinking bout a Glock 10mm for my next handgun for a while now.

5. greenguy

greenguy Well-Known Member

Yea I need to stop and learn better self control

6. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I thought I would start shooting skeet for a cheap winter hobby. Now I'm look for a shot gun that costs about as much as a race bike. WTF.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Gun collecting is American and cooler than baseball.

8. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

9. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Next purchase is a Savage Arms 10 BAS-K. I've pretty much got all the Sig handguns I want and two EBR's. The GSG-5 is fun, but I probably am going to get a .22 to go and do an Appleseed here in a little bit too. Yes, it's addicting. Like motorcycle racing or hookers and blow.

-steve

10. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Gun purchases upgrade you to a Platinum man card.:D

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i tend to get the gun bug just before deer hunting season.

12. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

(except my wife)

13. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Wish mine would get into it as well :( She wont even shoot my little .22 I've tried to get her to shoot it a few times, but she never shows any intrest. She'll shoot her BB gun all day long though :confused:

14. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

The bug must be contagious at WERA events. Over the past few months I've been on a bit of a spree too with a new AR and a SW 22A for plinking.

I've been taking Mrs. Dits to the range with me and now she has the bug. She just got a new Ruger LCR for Mother's Day together with a cool bedside safe.

15. Brian M

Brian M Well-Known Member

What wrong with air guns?

I have one of these (colored stock on mine)
    [​IMG]

Much more fun than a .22

16. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I got lucky. About the time I was thinking I needed a nice skeet gun (with tubes and a reloading setup to shoot all 4 gauges, etc.) I shot my first straight and somehow it satisfied me enough that I've practically given up skeet. We also moved and the new club isn't as much fun as the old club.

Outta curiosity, whatcha looking at?

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  17. Chip

Chip Registered

.22LR rules....

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Ahh race guns; $500 trigger job, $2,000 barrel, $200 grips and 10K plus in ammo per year. :D

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Sadly, I lost all my firearms in a .... ummmmmm....... errrrr..... a tragic boating accident... yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

;)

20. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

my wife just went out the door with a 9 mil in her purse, i must have a keeper