1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Gophers have taken My Yard!

Discussion in 'General' started by chadspaint, Jul 11, 2011.

1. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I am THE EXTERMINATOR

dont call pest control, seriously. they will charge you too much, and you can do pretty much the same shit for a fraction of the cost from a hardware store.

I feel bad selling people gopher services, but.... Im sure vacuum salesmen feel bad too

2. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Maybe when I catch a few...a wire bottom cage w the top open. In the middle of my back yard. That would attract the hawks and owls, Cruel but would work. They would pay more attention to my yard and maybe the nieghbors too

3. tunawest

Yeah thats a good idea. Its not that cruel.

4. chadspaint

cause you know me too well :crackup: Birds of a feather flock together ;)

5. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I vacuumed one up out of its hole with my shop vac once. Then before I disposed of it my wife let it loose!

Cats kill gophers. Decide which one you like least: cat piss or gophers!

6. chadspaint

Once again a intelletgent statement. I never thought of that. However the coyotees ate all my neighbors cats. They used to have at least 12. So that has to be the reson there is so many gophers in my yard. I really thought I was smart. lol

It's just everytime I would use the boat it had this smell. Then he started pissing on my front and rear door of the house. There was a small crack below the door and the wind would blow cat piss smell in my house. It stained the friggin wood on my front door before I said enough...

I guess after the gophers are gone i will have something else goin on. Too much chaparel or something.

7. John29

Yeah, at my old house I didn't have a gopher problem until coyotes got all my cats, and it was too depressing to get new ones who the coyotes then ate. So we stopped having cats, and gophers killed everything growing on the hill in our back yard. Then Vincent Haskovec got hurt, we ended up taking care of his 5 kittens (born two weeks before he got hurt), an owl grabbed one, we moved and I built a big chain-link cat habitat in my new back yard to keep the survivors safe. And we don't have a gopher problem in the new neighborhood.

8. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Agreed, I recommend this guy.

[​IMG]

9. chadspaint

I have a concrete rain trough all the way around my house on the hill in the back yard. The gophers did some drilling just up from the trough. Then when it rained, I had Gieisers pouring water 1 foot high down the hill in my back yard. I thought I had a broken water line. This flooded the back yard and got my basement flooded before I walked out in the back yard and saw what was goin on. I'm ready to pump concrete into thier little village, but i got to wack all these bastards first. Or get them to go up on the hill where all the chaparel and open range is.

10. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Don't you have a Motorhome with a Lion painted on the back of it? Won't that scare them away?

11. chadspaint

Nope.

I have a german sheperd though. The Coyotees are afraid of him, maybe I'll trap the Coyotees and have my dog pee on them for a few days..

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This thread suddenly reminded me of that crazy PETA freak we had on here for a while. What the hell happened to him anyway? Did he try to repo a pair of boots from the wrong ho and got killed? Did he get rabies from his pet raccoon?

13. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

he was also jobless, so maybe he got a yob?

14. tunawest

Also, look for those sulfate bombs. The Ones we use are called giant destroyers. They look likr sticks of dynamite, and basically just gass the lil bastards. I find them to be less effective out here though.

15. chadspaint

How do I get past the back filled area w/o a shop vac? The Holes that are not back filled are from regular squirells, snakes, and lizzards right?

16. tunawest

Post pics of the holes. The holes in the ground.

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I have been doing a little research on this too, because I have a rodent issue in my yard. It sounds like you have pocket gophers. Stripped pophers make holes that are open and Moles make hills that have tunnels that push up the yard. Pocket gophers tunnels dont show up on the yard, just the entrances where they deposit the dirt from digging. Being that you're all the way across the country from me, you might have a little different flavor of critters.

18. John29

Yeah, pocket gophers.

19. chadspaint

Here

Attached Files:

20. chadspaint

More

Attached Files: