The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yzasserina likes this.
  2. rwdfun

rwdfun

March 19th. Season 3

Razr likes this.
  3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Ferrari launch today and they threw in some lime green in the livery for the Mission Winnow or whatever that vaping/anti-smoking/ woke brand logo is.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Milan, 01 March 2021
    |

PIRELLI TO TEST 2022 18-INCH F1 TYRES FOR 28 DAYS THIS YEAR
    Pirelli plans to undertake 10 test sessions totaling 28 days this year with nine Formula 1 teams in preparation for the 2022 season, which introduces new technical regulations along with a move to 18-inch tires. This, of course, is subject to any restrictions resulting from the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. The development of the new 18-inch tires actually started back in 2019, before being paused for a year as a result of Covid-19 pandemic. This year, 18-inch testing resumes with a varied program of slicks (seven sessions) and wets (three sessions) that takes in four stand-alone tests and six that will run immediately after a grand prix. The first two sessions took place at Jerez in Spain with Ferrari from February 22-24: both slick and wet tires were tested. In total, the test sessions cover 20 days throughout 2021, but as more than one car will be running during some of those days, there will be 28 ‘car days’ in all over the course of the year (22 days in the dry and six days in the wet).

MARIO ISOLA, HEAD OF F1 AND CAR RACING
    "We’re looking forward to resuming our tests for the new 18-inch tires shortly, but as the Covid-19 pandemic – which led to the suspension of the test program last year – is not yet over, it’s possible that our planned schedule for this year may have to be modified. As a result, we have a back-up plan too. Nonetheless, we have put together a program that should enable us to pick up solidly from where we left off in 2019 and finalize the specification for a new generation of tire under fresh regulations that will give Formula 1 a very different look next year. Many thanks to all the teams for their support in providing simulations and mule cars, giving us a good base to work from. We will be testing both our slick and wet prototype 18-inch tires for 2022: we started already at Jerez in Spain for three days with Ferrari, and we will end up at France’s Magny-Cours circuit with Alpine in September.”

2022 TYRE DEVELOPMENT TEST CALENDAR
    CIRCUIT
    DATE SLICK/WET TEAM(S)
    Jerez de la Frontera February, 22 Slick Ferrari
    Jerez de la Frontera February, 23-24 Wet Ferrari
    Bahrain March, 30-31 – April, 1 Slick Ferrari (day 1),
    Alpine (day 2-3)
    Imola April, 20-21 Slick Mercedes
    Barcelona May, 11-12 Slick Alpine (day 1), Red Bull,
    Alfa Romeo (day 1-2)
    Paul Ricard May, 25-26 Wet Mercedes
    Spielberg July, 6-7 Slick AlphaTauri
    Silverstone July, 20-21 Slick Red Bull (day 1), Aston Martin, Haas (day 1-2)
    Budapest August, 3-4 Slick Mercedes, McLaren (day 1)
    Ferrari, McLaren (day 2)
    Magny-Cours September, 15-16 Wet Alpine

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Been watching the latest season of Drive to Survive. All of the sudden I became a Vettel fan

DrA5 likes this.
  7. DrA5

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Circacee likes this.
  9. tsflstb

tsflstb Well-Known Member

Does the larger wheel mean the brake rotors can grow too? Seems strange you can get 14” carbon rotors on a street car but they’re tiny by comparison in F1. I’m sure teams optimized what they could.

Attached Files:

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Anyone purchase the F1 app? If so, is it almost as worth as the Moto GP app?

11. Rene Bucek

Rene Bucek Well-Known Member

Anyone else hoping Mazepin screws with Kimi? That would be entertaining.

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

It’s really nice. Works good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

What happens first, marzipan is suspended for a race, or his dad buys Haas.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

And of short duration. Yes, please.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Haas is going to destroy young Schumacher's career.

16. Circacee

This year, yes. Next year with the budget cap and reconfiguration of the rules package, I don't think so. I wish F1 returned to the days of Prost, Senna, Nelson Piquet and Big Daddy Schumacher. Exciting times.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're assuming a full mental recovery from a year on the team as a rookie. The car should be worse than last year, since there are no developing it. They might break him for good.

18. Circacee

Meh.. According to the head honchos at Ferrarriiiiiii, he can be in the Red Beast as early as 2023.. so long as he continues to "pooosh", the kids a shoo-in.

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Last night my son and I were watching F1 races from the 80's and 90's, even up to mid-00's and it makes you realize how completely sterile the F1 world is now. It's downright fucking boring. I still watch all the races, but I'm going to tune into these old races every now and then just to cleanse my palate.

HPPT and DrA5 like this.
  20. DrA5

10% of the grid this year has fathers who raced against Alonso in F1.

scottn likes this.