1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That was amazing. No one hit anyone.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well that's a bummer. Why wasn't his team screaming at him to slow the eff down back to the pits when he had the puncture? Oh well.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Verstappen gets off with a slap on the wrist, what a bs penalty

5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes and no. This race is always organized chaos and judgments on the fly.

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Fucking ridiculous that Verstappen only gets 5 seconds tacked on. So, precedence is set now, release your car unsafely, risk all the mechanics in the pit lane, instead of getting caught behind a car. They actually made contact. There have been harsher penalties when the car coming down the lane had to brake or turn.

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Do you two think error in judgment or they did it on purpose? I think the commentator did a good job explaining how difficult that situation is, and it is happening in an eyeblink.

8. fastedyamaha

Exactly! Especially at Monaco, a drive through would end his race. So 5 seconds is a great penalty to take with it being nearly impossible to pass on track.

9. fastedyamaha

Clearly on purpose, it’s not like this is a new rule put into place for the first time for this race.

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh OK. It didn't look that egregious to me. Well, I'm sure there will be plenty of post mortem on it.

11. fastedyamaha

They made contact, causing body parts to fly off and giving Bottas a puncture.

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes, I saw that, but it takes very little contact to cause damage. So maybe in the Monaco pits, which are not like others, they need to stiffen up the rules. Didn't look like intent to me, unless with them it is habitual.

13. fastedyamaha

Man if Hamilton pits his race is over...tough choice knowing how important track position is at Monaco

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Meanwhile where is the rain?

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I love this Karum (sp?) commentator guy.

16. fastedyamaha

Don’t know why they aren’t telling Hamilton to stay out or he doesn’t win the race. Verstappen has a 5 second penalty, no way his tires have enough left to pull out that kind of gap at this point.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes! Stop complaining and drive the car. You will win.

18. fastedyamaha

Right! As tight as this championship is shaping up, the difference between first and 5/6th here could be the difference in the end.

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Peter Bonnington is a saint having to deal with Diva HAM, basically calling the entire team idiots in so many words .

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I think we need some rain right now. More drama, lol. Bottas needs to pick up the pace.