1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Day The Music Died

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Feb 2, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I figured it was just going to be a happy circle jerk of dudes singing "bye bye miss american pie"

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That is a horrible way to go. I had a barn fire and lost about 40 young stock, can still here them. :(

Razr likes this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

All right, now you went too far. :eek:

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I remember that day. I taped the race because I hate to watch live with commercials and stuff. Tony Stewart had a very violent wreck in that race. Earnhardt's crash looked tame by comparison. After we finished watching the race, I went to the home office and got on the computer.

I came back to the living room and said "He died." My wife thought I was talking about Stewart.

Shitty day. Made worse by the dynamic that Nascar played in my stepfather and I getting back in touch. :(

noles19 likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I was reading about this crash a while back and even found the autopsy reports online. They were all pretty much decapitated. Truly sad event for American music.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Looking to join in? :Poke::crackup:

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sorry

9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

When I saw the title, I hoped it was about Don McLean dying. Really hoped. Gruesomely.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Why?

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

When I was a kid I had a couple of friends who burned to death
    when a plane crashed into their house in the middle of the night.
    Horrible way to go.

12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

There are many horrible ways to die and all of us will do it. Few of us get to choose the method.

On the other hand most of us get to choose how we live. These guys lived epic lives.

I choose to think of that. Thanks to all of them for adding to the substance of the world and culture.

SundaySocial, tl1098, ZimZam and 2 others like this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, brand-new 737-800 Max down with more than 150 people today in Ethiopia.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That was on takeoff, correct?

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yep. Drowning never scared me a bit. Matter of fact I've read accounts from people that were close to death by drowning and they said it was almost peaceful.

Burning...no thanks.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Like Richard Pryor said about his Dad....."he died fuckin, he died in your pussy, that's recycling"

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How is breathing water peaceful? :Poke:

18. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yep, sad for the lost and their families. 8 Americans, made me wonder why they were there. Touring? The incident brought back some memories....

One of my good friends fought in Korea along side a group of Ethiopians. He told me many stories about their bravery and the times that they had together. He had nothing but respect for those guys....

Ethiopia is an interesting place, to say the least. If you have some time, this thing will fill you in as well as anything because it is on the ground, so to speak. It is fascinating to me plus motorsickles. https://advrider.com/f/threads/flying-to-ethiopia-today.1361713/

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You did it for 9 months.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

and I started screaming when it was replaced with air.

AC1108 likes this.