1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the big bang!

Discussion in 'General' started by r_mutt, Feb 15, 2007.

1. r_mutt

r_mutt cookie puss

in moto gp, every manufacturer has switched to a close firing order v-4. why haven't the production bikes gone this direction yet? is it only a matter of time?

2. 418

418 Expert #59

I asked about this couple of months back, specifically talking about Big Bang Virgin Yamaha's R1.

In a nutshell, reliability is a issue. Four pistons firing at {nearly} the same time beat the shit out of main bearings, crankshaft and crankcases.

3. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Well-Known Member

Kawasaki and Yamaha are not V-4s.

Just sayin is all.

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

get "the motoGP technology" book from superbikeplanet.com.

it's got awesome stuff in there about every aspect of firing order, to nuts....

not every four fires the same in the "big bang" engine. kawasaki's is way different than the yamaha, which is different that the suzuki.

cool assed book.

proceed from the book go to the plight of the filipino.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Read that.

The only fault I found with the book was the redundancy, every chapter seemed to be written without considering that the same info was in the previous chapters.

Besides that, pretty cool and up to the minute book...

6. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yeah, but the photography and motoGP trickness was the bomb.

7. r_mutt

r_mutt cookie puss

is there a "plight of the filipino-technology" book as well? i'm interested in hearing about the latest technological ways that the filipinos are being ostracized - computers, bank card scams, etc...

:up: