1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best helmet you've ever worn?

Discussion in 'General' started by trancework, Oct 8, 2013.

1. trancework

trancework It's always now...

After two years of waiting, I finally snagged a Shark Racer-R Pro. All I can say is DAYYYAMMNN. This thing is easily the lightest, best fitting, QUIETEST helmet I've ever worn. Visibility is excellent. Cannot wait to get some miles with it, it's a great helmet.

I wore a Shark RSR2 for years, and the Race-R Pro fixed everything that I didn't like about it, and seems to have kept everything that I thought was great. After the RSR2, I switched to AGV GPTech, the fit and finish of the shark is as good if not better.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Shark RSi... i wish i could find its replacement...fits long oval, light and was a great price. crashed in one and still remember it. quickly bought another one. The RSi was way better than my Arai Profile.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sumoy extreme. All the nice of an Arai Corsair but lighter and a better fit.

Arai Corsair is a very close second.

4. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

The Bell I had on while sliding upside down in a formula continental into a gravel trap.:D

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

My old ARAI Haga RX-7RR. Best and coolest looking helmet.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

A Scorpion EXO400. Fits my stupid looking head like a glove. I feel 100% protected in it. I bought it from Kelly at Trackstar racing. I give him $104 for it on closeout, that was shipped from Arizona or some shit to G'ville SC. We did the deal over the phone. He described a couple of helmets to me and I decided to go with the one with skulls on it. It still has four more years of eligibility with WERA.:D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  7. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Simpson darth vader

8. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Arai was/is the only helmet that is comfortable on my noggin. I am happy, cause I wouldn't want to wear anything else.

9. hdrk2006

hdrk2006 Well-Known Member

The new Bell Star Carbon fits like a glove even if it is slightly noisy. Earplugs fix that issue and I like the transitions shield too. Never owned a helmet that's easier to change shields on.

10. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Tape up the vents behind the ears and see what happens. I did this with my Vortex and it went from only-just-bearly-wearable with earplugs, to nearly acceptable without earplugs now.

11. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Suomy Spec 1R

12. SUPER K

SUPER K Run-off Tester

Shoei XSP2, unfortunately no longer available. From days gone by when high end helmets came with high quality helmet bags, lubricating oil, and shield cleaner/protectant. Far surpassed the fit and noise in my Arai Corsair V.

13. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Fly Racing Paradigm helmet. I also have 2 Shoei RF1100's, which are awesome, but the Fly helmet is lighter, quieter, fits better...and was free.

14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Shoei x-12. Great fit, liner and venting. Very quiet to boot. Especially for the amount of venting. Street use I don't wear earplugs, track I still do but don't have to. Compared to my x-11 which you didn't want to ride 5 miles without ear plugs. Fit of course is personal but love everything about it.

15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Bell star carbon. Second place would be my original suomy gunwind. Forever last for me will be my arai corsair because their shield system is simply retarded.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  16. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Spec 1R, but the new Race R Pro is pretty damn close.

17. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

Suomy, it saved my life.....well kinda as I actually died twice. But my Suomy stopped it happening a third time! lol

18. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

:crackup:

19. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

My 1st helmet was a Shoei Aegis, probably 20 years old when I put it on my noggin. Heap o shit, compared to an X-11.

20. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member