The 90s Best decade of motorcycle racing

Discussion in 'General' started by John Branch, Nov 9, 2023.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Humanity peaked in the nineties .

05Yamabomber, ToofPic and aaronson like this.
  2. backbone

backbone scarred for life

I think 98 or 99 and they only got one bike iirc that was rode in by a spectator. There was another of a guy that raced against me and he had just put in a used motor he got from Houston and it came back as stolen so theyh took his whole bike. He got the bike back a few months later. He had to go to the impound and remove the motor. He left the motor in the mud.

Razr likes this.
  3. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

You'd have to ask John Ulrich but I'm sure my dealer was 100% no expense,
    I'd assume Suzuki paid JU for all the people who took advantage of it and 0 for the non-takers.
    Win for the sport, win for John's school, win for the customer, win for hero dealer and just an expense for Suzuki...

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

First, kill all the lawyers.

ToofPic, aaronson, YamahaRick and 6 others like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

1890s!

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Great pics Scudder!....are any of the the Hejira?

Is that a pot of your famous "Tuna Pasta" in the last one?

Hey, did you have 2 brothers that raced?

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Plenty of the Hejira that I rode in the 80's but I chose one of the Camier Honda that I rode at the end of the decade.

Probably is, don't knock it, it is a great simple meal when camping.

Yes both my brothers raced.

8. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

As we used to say back in the day Robin,You Rule!!!:bow:

9. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

OK, I didnt recognize any, thus my question.

Not knocking it, I've eaten some with you in the pits, what I'm really pointing out is your typical racer superstitious or religious affiliation with your "process" about it....that it must be consumed at the track or you will have a bad day, kinda....at least thats the impression I got while sitting there, drinking your beer in the pits.....it is your typical track meal, right?

About your brothers.....on the facetubes, some group, posted a pic of one of your brothers racing, and mentioned 2 other Scudders......I posted a comment about a "Scudder brother" racing with AHRMA in the states, but they declined my comment for some reason so I moved on.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

11. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Pulled a bike out of the canal ? I was there and witnessed my buddy Lee Pounders, crashing his GSXR into the canal. When his bike went into the water, it looked like Moses parting the Red Sea . He actually skimmed across surface and made it to the other side of the canal.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2023
    Gino230 likes this.
  12. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

61166838_132535794598720_9147253525468676096_n (2).jpg 79421633_180520566466909_4183783941464915968_n.jpg 278865868_709880523530908_8757263829709988443_n (2).jpg

Check out that Sweet Luca Cadalora replica!!

147416883_450804466105183_4249418994018032793_n.jpg

John Branch, Wingnut and 27 like this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I also raced in all of those decades and I concur. They were all good.

John Branch, Robin172 and 27 like this.
  14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The first pic is of my second racing bike, a 250 Montesa Cappra VR MotoX bike converted to a road racer.

Nothing superstitious at all, it's cheap and has protein, carbs and sugar, perfect for a cheapskate like me.

What was the site where the pic of one of my brother's is? And to be honest Charlie are you surprised they didn't reply?

15. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Was that the time the cops tried to impound a bunch of GP bikes because they didn't have enough digits in what VINs are there? And they really didn't like the one's without VINs. Race only bikes threw them for a loop, lol

16. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Yep, Johnny Landers, owner of Longhorn Powersports, had to convince them that all the 125's they were trying to take were made only for racing. They finally gave them back to the owners.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

My first race at WSMC in 1995. I was gridded 42 in SS class. Huge grids, completely full paddock. I came across a whole stack of paddock photos from that time recently. Too lazy to scan them. A BUNCH of race teams. Formula USA days. Chuck Graves on his Valvoline Suzuki. Vincent Haskovec. Curtis Adams... The list goes on. Great times for roadracing.

John Branch, ToofPic, wsmc42 and 2 others like this.
  18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

You guys posting all your FZR shots. Figured I would add to it. 1997. Finally figuring it out. Roadracing and having good tires n shit.[​IMG]

John Branch and ToofPic like this.
  19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yes!! I remember Curtis Adams had some nasty 1100's! I use to joke his flatslides could suck the air out of your lungs! His bikes were beautiful builds! and paint jobs

05Yamabomber likes this.