The 2023-2024 NFL Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

The cowgirls were all hype...they had no defense and they just can't step it up in the playoffs. Philly, Bills and the Phins beat them in the final part of the season.

Change coaches JJ...at least you'll have hope and not a superbowl team.

I think the Bills are gonna head to the show.

2. rwdfun

rwdfun

You forgot the Lions. they beat them too. It's just too bad in that same game the Lions got beat by the refs

BigBird and Used2befast like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No worries. Next week the Lions will be playing football. The Cowgirls will be sitting on their couch watching.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Used2befast

Uh huh...might as well count that game a loss for the cowgirls too but look at em them Lions now;)

So how is this earth shattering for the NFL, sports news and the fan base of the cowboys? I'm lost...your team loses 3 straight games post season leading up to the playoffs and everyone is gobsmacked at GB scoring 27 unanswered points in the 1st half.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Lions!! Congrats to them and their forever-loyal fanbase. :beer:

BigBird likes this.
  6. rwdfun

rwdfun

Now that the Lions have gotten by a hot Rams team, it may have worked out better for the Lions. Had they not been robbed in that game, as the #2 or 1 seed, they would've either played GB this weekend or next. Now SF has to deal with a hot GB team and the Lions get another home game against a spiraling Philly or Maker Bayfield and TB. Regardless of seeding, those 2 teams are not playing as good as either SF or GB. Maybe the football Gods are finally smiling on the Lions.

This week the Lions boot the quitter, Stat Paddford and slimy McVay and Goff gets his revenge. If not for Hurts running ability, I almost want to face Philly to have a chance to vanquish another demon from the Lions past. I'll be nervous for the Lions defense but the offense should have a field day against the Philly D being called by one of the worst Lions head coaches of all time Matty Patty.

Edit: Listening to the Detroit sports talk this morning and it keeps getting better. It was brought up that the end of the game was even more perfect than coming down to the last play loss, rip the band aid off type situation. Paddford and McVay didn't have a quick realization of losing. They had to sit and watch as 1:52 slowly came off the clock as the Lions kneeled down 3 straight times. More like slowly and painfully pulling a band-aid off a very hairy arm.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That was hard to read!

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Respect to the Lions owner....Firestone Ford...98 years old and getting that team together and letting Dan Campbell do his thing.

Capture.JPG

418, dtalbott, socalrider and 2 others like this.
  9. rwdfun

rwdfun

upload_2024-1-15_11-0-52.jpeg
    I know this is coming from a Lions fans when computers weren’t even thought about the last time they won a league championships but still funny

BigBird and auminer like this.
  10. Used2befast

I love it...lather rinse repeat cowboys fans :crackup:

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What's the difference between Linda Lovelace & The Cowboys ?

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking Spit on that thing

Something, something, Big D.

13. Used2befast

I wonder if Belicheat is being lured to be the cowboys coach...its a deal with the devil but I think the fans don't care anymore.

14. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Linda doesn't choke when she goes down.

Razr likes this.
  15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

She never choked on the big one .

16. rwdfun

rwdfun

Gotta correct you here. The ole lady finally gave up her inept control of the team to her daughter Sheila Ford Hamp who fired Matty Patty and Bob Quinn. Sheila then hired Chris Spielman as advisor, then hired Dan Campbell as coach before hiring GM Brad Holmes away from the Rams. Either she is a genius or the luckiest person alive. I mean she's already lucky to have been born into a family like that but still.

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

good to know. at least she living her best life. she looked pretty spritely for 98 yo

ungwaha likes this.
  18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan Who's the next Contestant?

Steelers win Track Day again for no less than 15 years in a row. Tomlin remains in the Intermediate group.

Hope he stays in Pittsburgh....keep this 9-8/10-7 seasons comin'!

19. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

We managed to injure half our defense in the process. You guys certainly kept it interesting and without the turnovers early it's a nail biter.

BigBird likes this.
  20. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

What was the Ravens record against Pittsburgh this year? I can understand you being thrilled you don’t have to play a Tomlin coached team again this season.

I have to give you kudos though, you talk shit on your own team more than any other.