That Marquez guy has no talent-- unreal save

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

2. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Even when he goes down, he doesn't go down. Stoner got out at a good time.

3. Parr

Parr Well-Known Member

And the fact that he is lofting the front wheel on the way out makes me giggle.

4. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Holy crap.

I just had a Simo flashback. Maybe it was the other thread that has him on my mind, but I was expecting to see video of a something different.

I figured it happened to Simo because he was so big he could be sandwiched between the bike and the ground and the bike would still have traction. Now that it's happening with the tiny guys it's sort of scary.

Looking again, there is no reason that bike should have recovered. Not taking anything away from MM, but I don't think rider skill had a whole lot to do with the bike recovering.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Unreal.

I'm really starting to buy into the, elbows being used to save front-end crashes, theory he references.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I beg to differ and so does David Emmett

" Marquez had the presence of mind to open the throttle a little. This was just enough to lift the back back onto its wheels, and have both tires grip again. Half-hanging off the bike, Marquez opened the throttle some more, the bike's momentum hauling it upright, and Marquez could pull himself back into the saddle. It is an amazing save, with a fair sprinkling of luck and a massive dose of talent."

http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/2014/08/18/2014_brno_motogp_test_round_up_honda_and.html

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And often stated, but rarely used adage; When in doubt, GAS IT!

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

But not Al(varo)-Italia style.

Proper credit here:

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

This.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Wouldn't the guy with talent not have crashed at all? Just sayin....:D

11. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Is there a link somewhere to the crash sequence that is not on the book of faces?

12. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I'm still thinking the fact that the bike and tires allow for crazy lean angles had more to do with it. I will give you once it popped back up for him to be able to "gas it" and haul himself up was pretty damn impressive.

That first pic though is a rider already figuring out how he's going to pick the bike up and if he'll be able to ride it back to the pits. :)

I'll try to remember that the next time I'm about to low side

Actually. I wonder if what saved it was turning the front wheel more to the right. That allowed the front of the tire to contact the road and pop the bike back up.

Usually when you see a low side, the front tire first turns into the low side then straightens out as the bike starts to slide away.

Rule #2 should then be turn harder into the turn

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, in the first thread where it was posted today.

14. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Something tell me this kid had a lot of practice with these recoveries and it may bring to light the need for more dirt in developing this type of wonder.

16. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Favorite Meme of all time. I can actually see myself telling my son this one day.

Attached Files:

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

18. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member