1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks WERA Vintage

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, Sep 16, 2001.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

To everyone at RRR this weekend: This weekend was my first road race weekend. I wondered if I should maintain my plans to attend based on the terrorist attacks against the USA this past Tuesday. Since the races were going on as planned, I decided some derranged mental idiot too afraid to identify themself as the aggressor wasn't going to deter or alter my lifestyle. So, I packed up and drove on down to the track. My first race resulted in a second place behind Mark Marrow in Formula 2-stroke. I had a great time and plan to race the full season next year in WERA Vintage. I want to thank Mark, Rick Guitry (sp?), WERA, the Bargy school instructors, the other riders who were very friendly and helpful, and the total class act of respect displayed before the races started on Sat. We remembered, but did not give in to the terrorists.

2. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Your welcome, welcome to the family and congrats!!! You rode really well! (c'mon, admit it, it was the bike, wasn't it?) [​IMG]

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yea, it was the bike! The transition back to 2-strokes from diesels was much easier than I thought. I LOVE THE SMELL OF PRE-MIX IN THE MORNING!!!

4. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Congrats 595Joe! Nice riding. Now if you could only do Mark the favor of lightening his first place trophy load in the future, I'm sure he'll be very appreciative. [​IMG]

Yesterday's event was a blast! Although I only finished mid-pack in V5, it was one of the best times I've had. It actually felt like a race rather than the usual track outing of hunting down only one or two guys in my usual classes.

Thanks again Steve-O!!! I hope you realize how much I appreciated the opportunity you gave me to race the "chopper".

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Thanks for the compliment. I hope Mark and I have some fun races next year. Hopefully, other people will also join in on the fun in Formula 2-stroke as well.

6. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I must admit, I too enjoyed being at the track last weekend. Thankfully the show went on. It was a good release and separation from the sickening reality that surrounds us all. The weather was perfect and the racing seemed to be really close, exciting and for the most part, safe. The Vintage crowd never ceases to
    be a wonderful group to be around. Thanks to all-
    Buff