Thanks to Dr Bad, Mongo, Stickboy & the Sirens crew!

Discussion in 'General' started by racer63, Jun 22, 2003.

1. racer63

racer63 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to thank Dr Bad Iguana & Beth for giving me a chance to run as a stand-in Siren this weekend at TGPR. It was my first endurance race and I had a really good time despite being hopelessly out of shape. Had a great time hanging out with the Sirens pit crew - Michael, Huey, Craig & Elmo. Too bad the bike expired during our last pit stop.

Thanks to Mongo for talking me into riding.

Thanks to Stick for the most awesome mini race :D

Last, thanks to all the other endurance riders who happily managed not to run over me during my stints on the track.

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Does that mean Dr. Bad benched Beth until she's healed? :confused: ;)

3. racer63

I think Mongo benched Beth. Her shoulder was still giving her a lot of trouble.

4. RevHighJak

RevHighJak Now that's funny!

It was great to have you out to ride. I know Beth and especially DB were happy to have an additional rider. You did a great job and turned some really great times.
    How did your mini race go today?

As for Beth, she rode Thursday and it hurt enough that she knew she would be making a bad choice by riding. She took her self out but Mongo threatened to bench her if she tried to ride.

As for the bike, Huey had a few theories and did a compression check. The front cylinder was dead, it had no compression at all. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Now, she did finish first in class in the mini race. Photos soon to follow! (think circus or shriners....)

:Poke: :Poke: :Poke:

Craig

5. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

I think Beth benched Beth.

6. WERA29

Glad to hear it. I told her a week ago to sit her silly ass down and heal up all proper like. ;)

7. racer63

Thanks! You're too funny. You have to be the first person to ever say I turned great times :D (but thanks anyway)

I didn't stay for Sunday's races. I had a lot to get ready for being out of town the next few weekends.

I'm hoping to get to ride with the Sirens some more. I'll be getting back in touch with Dr Bad to see when they might need an extra body.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

L, that is so cool. Hopefully you'll run the Summit round. :cool:

9. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

No, Laura, we should be the ones thanking you! :) I'm so glad that you were able to come in at the last minute and fill in. You did an awesome job- I can't believe you adapted so quickly to the SV!! (You avaliable for Grattan????? :D )

And yes, I benched myself. But Mongo did threaten that if I didn't do it, he would. I hated missing another round, but half of a half day of practice left me wincing when I brushed my teeth- so two hour-long stints were out of the question. But I did have fun winning the mini 50cc race! (Thank you Honey for crashing out!) :Poke: And thanks to Stickboy for the hookup on the PW50!

Thanks to Huey for his expertise and help, and to Michael, Craig and Elmo for crewing. And thanks to Dr. Bad for putting up with a gimpy teammate.

And Tom- just go ahead and say "I told you so" and get it over with. :eek: :Poke:

10. adrenaline4me

adrenaline4me lost in transition

huey was there????? d'oh! man I gazed for ya cause I brought those springs.....talley is small, but I never can find you there! :p

11. WERA29

Ok, if I have to....

I TOLD YOU SO! :D

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Laura, you did really awesome. :) It was cool seeing you out there as a Siren.

13. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

Thanks for coming out and helping us out, Laura. You did great. Glad to hear you want to do it again - we'll be calling you :)

14. racer63

I think I can work out flights to get to Grattan if you & Isabel both heal up in time.

It was pretty easy getting comfortable on the Sirens SV since I raced my own SV a couple of years ago. Just took a few laps to get used to the engine braking again since my little 250 doesn't do that.

It was all Mongo's fault. Once he said mini racing, he knew he had me hooked :D

15. RevHighJak

RevHighJak Now that's funny!

16. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Beth, I've been meaning to tell you Emma has a SIRENS sticker on her pedal car.
    :D

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I had a great time racing with you. I was upset when I found out you left. It's nice going shoulder to shoulder on the track and feeling safe doing it. btw, I'm not going to let off going into any turn until you do or I go into the grass:D

18. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

WTF!? You're using capitalization and punctuation? Somethin's screwey....are you feelin' all right?:D

BTW-can I get my tv remote?

19. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Maybe it was Honey, pretending to be Stickboy :confused:

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

No, it's me. I'm trying to seem less ignorant. When I do it right, you have to read it to see I'm a schmuck.

I will have to look for the remote. I forgot that you didn't have it. I also have a little bottle that was sent to you over here also.